• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the joke. Why Meadows? He had a long solid tenure on the show.

Just for funsies and because he just languished around until the Ladies Man movie. I remember once when a cast member who was with Meadows early on came back as a host and said, "Tim, you came back too!" Tim replied with, "Yeah, back."

man, friendship song sucked. the worst part was it was played live i guess b/c people laughed a little at one joke but ugh

The concept was good, but yeah the song sucked. Missed that it was a HAIM reference but that fits. Minaj saved it.

this week's episode seems like there were some ideas that have been sitting around since 2007-08 -- Sopranos finale, To Catch a Predator, bringing back the Palin impression

Well it was Fey.

oh good they ranked the Stormy Daniels appearance #1!

the second debate one was pretty good, but there were a lot of jokes about how the election was already over, which: oops

Geez. That’s way too many. No wonder it’s getting stale.

Huge missed opportunity to not do some sort of 30 Rock sketch given that Baldwin and Morgan were there.

agreed. but Mueller is so close to impeaching Trump !

remember when SNL's political takes were SAVAGE

me either

well sure, but "savage" political takes have become more mainstream on late night TV than ever before; I don't think it's too much to ask to at least expect SNL's comedy to keep pace with, say, its former head writer

that being said, if the argument is "the place for harder hitting jokes on SNL is Weekend Update", then sure, the show seems to agree with you, and Che/Jost do a pretty good job of that.

Shirt on top seals the deal! Only one serious injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back