• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like multi-use appliances...

912d3521034b8934c1a9f776a29abb4e.jpg

I've been digging Banza as a good high-protein alternative to regular pasta, but that fiber will really do a number on ya

made a madras curry with jackfruit and a bunch of starchy veggies and some basmati rice last night that is also doing a number

it was good tho

I really love how stoked you are about what you do.

It is much better than feeling tortured by what I do. We'll see how long it lasts.

Show last night closed with two of these dudes Michael Daves on guitar and Tony Trischka on banjo, with a great local fiddler Tatiana Hargreaves, and a long time Del McCoury band player on bass Mike Bub. It was the first time that quartet had played ever (they did a workshop in the afternoon which was really the first time), although both Hargreaves and Bub have played with the other two before, just not before. But good times.

This dude next to me on the train bumps me with elbow one more time I’m gonna brawl. Personal space bruh.

Yeah, and your ribs are in his personal space. :)

What train? AMTRAK? Subway?

From where?

As recently about about 8-10 years ago, I went from Philly to NY. I think the RT on AMTRAK (regular) was about $100. However, if you took the local train (SEPTA to Trenton then NJT to NY) was about $25. The local train didn't have a bar and took about 30-40 minutes longer, but the price was worth it.

From where?

As recently about about 8-10 years ago, I went from Philly to NY. I think the RT on AMTRAK (regular) was about $100. However, if you took the local train (SEPTA to Trenton then NJT to NY) was about $25. The local train didn't have a bar and took about 30-40 minutes longer, but the price was worth it.

Genuine pro tip if you're leaving from Philly. If you catch the express from Trenton it's almost a wash with Amtrak timing wise. Plus you can drink on NJ transit too.

Genuine pro tip if you're leaving from Philly. If you catch the express from Trenton it's almost a wash with Amtrak timing wise. Plus you can drink on NJ transit too.

Yep. you get off your train in Trenton, walk on the same platform and get on a waiting train. There are more stops in Jersey than AMTRAK has. You can a good soft pretzel at the stand by the stairs/escalator in 30th Station.

DC. I’m on the Acela which i think was $375 round trip for this trip. I’m not paying so I don’t really care, but I don’t pay for Acela out of my own pocket. Especially at peak hours when it can be a lot more. Acela only saves about 40 mins at most from DC to NY and about 15 mins between Philly and DC.

When I was doing a lot of travel between Philly and DC, it was nice to take Acela because it was during all the NE Corridor track work, and Acelas get priority when there are two trains trying to get through a single switch. That made a much bigger difference than it typically does.

This nonsense Amtrak stuff about killing the dining car is so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back