• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
your loss -- perfect time of year for them

been doing a lot of swimming out in the lake for triathlon training

you hitting any good food?

I've got a reservations lined up at Yugen and Oriole (which is my fav). I hit up the omakase at Kumiko last time I was in town and thought it was great (not surprising since it's the same folks as Oriole).

I'd be down for the Architecture Boat Tour on the wild rivers of Chicago on a 70 degree day.

I really want to do the Architecture tour. I've done a boat tour that covered a portion of the architecture tour, but it also went out into the lake which was not all that interesting (except that the canal lock was pretty cool).

I'll amend: '99 Heineken tour was the best tour ever, with one hour all you can drink to finish it off. But the Chicago Architecture Boat Tour is still up there.

a great event for architecture folks is the Open House Chicago where they open up 200+ buildings for public access

new Chicago Architecture Center exhibition space is nice too

the architecture boat tour is one of those touristy things that exceeds expectations

unlike navy pier

I'll amend: '99 Heineken tour was the best tour ever, with one hour all you can drink to finish it off. But the Chicago Architecture Boat Tour is still up there.

it's def not all you can drink now. you get one beer at the end.

it's def not all you can drink now. you get one beer at the end.

That's fucked up. We had heard about the all you can drink, so we made sure to be first in line. The best thing was they teased us with a one beer toast near the end, and directed us to the gift shop, and we were all like, damn, that's not what we heard. They led us to the gift shop, then PAST the gift shop into the beer hall for one hour all you can drink, where the waitresses were putting down full steins before you were even done, and they brought out a cheese plate halfway through. It was glorious. Also at like 10am.

I've got a reservations lined up at Yugen and Oriole (which is my fav). I hit up the omakase at Kumiko last time I was in town and thought it was great (not surprising since it's the same folks as Oriole).

Just had a good 2 month fight with the wife once she realized that hey, if we go eat omakase 7 times a month, we might not really save a lot. Gonna have to give up eating out for a bit to save up for some pinball machines. Probably for the best, it can be a gigantic waste of money.

my fine dining has dropped way down in 2019

been spending money elsewhere, but I miss it

I'd call buying pinball machines more of a waste of money, but to each his own.

Just had a good 2 month fight with the wife once she realized that hey, if we go eat omakase 7 times a month, we might not really save a lot. Gonna have to give up eating out for a bit to save up for some pinball machines. Probably for the best, it can be a gigantic waste of money.

Buy a refurbished Fireball pinball machine. Three balls in play at once and a spinner to throw them in any direction. The best ever.

Yo Juice what Triathlon you doing? I've become a big OWS fan while training for mine. I by that, I mean it did once a few a weeks ago in Jordan Lake, and liked it way better than swimming laps.

But you're still drinking Heineken, so that doesn't sound too awesome to me.

Fresh brewed Amsterdam Heineken was a different beast than the bitter stale American Heiny bottles or the keg can thing they tried.

And I don’t remember how many guilders it was but the tour didn’t come out to more than 10 bucks, so for broke 19/20 year old Chupe it was a sweet deal. I think they made the money back by unleashing drunk people back into the gift shop.

Yo Juice what Triathlon you doing? I've become a big OWS fan while training for mine. I by that, I mean it did once a few a weeks ago in Jordan Lake, and liked it way better than swimming laps.

doing the Chicago Triathlon

swimming in the lake here is very wind-dependent, but open-water swimming is way better than laps

once it gets warm enough, I bail on the pool and only do OWS

I actually recently bought a float that connects to a belt for visibility because Jet Skis are kinda a dick

when is your (half?) Iron Man?

Fresh brewed Amsterdam Heineken was a different beast than the bitter stale American Heiny bottles or the keg can thing they tried.

I just spent an extended layover in Amsterdam and a lot of the stuff I read says the Heineken tour was not worth the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back