• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my list on paper at home, so I'll have to get back to you, but they're all long, drawn out, and painful

anything where I lose my ability to interact with other people along the way is the most terrifying

Lou Gherigs has to be one of the worst disease-related ways.

Also would hate bleeding to death by having a boner chopped off.

Saw a dude rolling down I-95 between DC and Baltimore today on one of those electric scooters (he was on the shoulder, so not in an actual lane, but still). And he was in a spot where there weren't any exits behind him or in front of him for a number of miles that weren't other highways, so I have no idea where he was coming from or going to. I'd seen a dude in the I-395 tunnel in DC before, which is just as idiotic, but at least there are exits to normal streets that are relatively short distances away.

I'm all for expanding non-auto transit options, but goddamn do people become dumbasses on those scooters

Yeah, drowing is supposed to be euphoric.

The actual moment of drowning isn't what would be terrible about drowning. The bad part would be the few minutes before that when you were terrified and struggling to swim/breathe, whatever. That would really suck.

I'm all for expanding non-auto transit options, but goddamn do people become dumbasses on those scooters

People on the scooters are a fucking menace, especially the tourists. And now they're coming out with rent by the minute electric mopeds. That's going to be a shit-show for sure.

Also would hate bleeding to death by having a boner chopped off.

I mean, I get you. But it'd probably be a little bit cool to see how far the blood would squirt. Apart from all the physical agony and the mental distress over losing your manhood.

People on the scooters are a fucking menace, especially the tourists. And now they're coming out with rent by the minute electric mopeds. That's going to be a shit-show for sure.

We’ve had the mopeds for awhile. They haven’t been near the issue as the scooters. I think there have been 4 deaths since May on the scooters. One dude fell under a bus.

The receptionist in our office is a 60 year old lady who was riding one and fractured her back. Didn't get paralyzed but has been off work for about 6 weeks now, and probably won't come back for another month.

Being buried alive has all the terrifying bits of drowning without the relatively quick death. I think it’s Top 3 for me.

A parachute not opening... That's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine. Having your nuts bit off by a Laplander... That's the way I wanna go.

I hear stomach cancer is pretty bad.

Glad to see the chat thread is humming.

I like the story of the woman (I think from NC?) whose chute failed, but she fell onto a giant hill of fire ants that bit her and shocked her body so much she stayed alive despite breaking a million bones. Pretty metal.

One way I would never want to die is grain entrapment. I feel pretty safe since I never volunteer to "walk down the grain." But you have to think as you're being crushed and suffocated under a thousand pounds of corn kernels, "Man this is a really shitty way to die." From Wikipedia:

Grain entrapment, or grain engulfment, occurs when a person becomes submerged in grain and cannot get out without assistance. This more frequently occurs at storage facilities such as silos or grain elevators, but has been known to occur around any large quantity of grain, even freestanding piles outdoors. Usually, unstable grain collapses suddenly, wholly or partially burying workers who may be within it. Entrapment occurs when victims are partially submerged but cannot remove themselves; engulfment occurs when they are completely buried within the grain.[1] Engulfment has a very high fatality rate.[2]

While the death rate from workplace accidents on American farms has declined in the first decade of the 21st century, grain-entrapment deaths have not, reaching an all-time annual high of 26 in 2010. Many of those victims have been minors.[3] Agricultural organizations have worked to protect them and improve rescue techniques, as well as spread awareness among farmers of prevention methods. Primary among these is a federal regulation that forbids opening an auger or other opening at the bottom of a grain storage facility while someone is known to be "walking down the grain" within.

grainhandling3.jpg

Yeah, I follow Avenatti on Twitter and I have to adjust my social media brain every time he calls Trump Jr. out, which is often.

I've thought about unfollowing Avenatti because his 15 minutes are totally up and now he's just a full of shit loudmouth lawyer.

Yeah, I follow Avenatti on Twitter and I have to adjust my social media brain every time he calls Trump Jr. out, which is often.

I've thought about unfollowing Avenatti because his 15 minutes are totally up and now he's just a lawyer.

FIFY to remove redundancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back