• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJKarl Given 1 Point by LK, Later Rescinded !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot - said fraternity basement, before people moved in, had the walls covered in mirrors, all sorts of graffiti in Spanish, and a lot of bird feathers. We figured it was a cock-fighting ring.

Winston-Harlem !!?!!!?!!

sleep is crazy and I don't understand it

how tired I feel during the day seems to have barely any connection to how much I slept the night before

Apparently the last ship that brought slaves to the US (after it was illegal) was recently found in Alabama. Shocking.

I need to start doing this.

_ctUeK.gif

My aunt, who is super wealthy, has just offered to pay my wife's way on a pretty pricey girls' week trip with all the ladies in my extended family. It's a trip that we wouldn't probably be able to justify otherwise, on two teachers' salaries with two young kids, but it's not an issue for literally anyone else in my family because everyone but us is stupid rich. They're not the type to flaunt their wealth and it's a sincere and sweet gesture, but taking someone else's money for something like this makes me feel uncomfortable. Any advice, all you old money types on the boards?

Arby's at 10:00 PM last night was notasgood of an idea as I had originally thought.

My aunt, who is super wealthy, has just offered to pay my wife's way on a pretty pricey girls' week trip with all the ladies in my extended family. It's a trip that we wouldn't probably be able to justify otherwise, on two teachers' salaries with two young kids, but it's not an issue for literally anyone else in my family because everyone but us is stupid rich. They're not the type to flaunt their wealth and it's a sincere and sweet gesture, but taking someone else's money for something like this makes me feel uncomfortable. Any advice, all you old money types on the boards?

Its family, send a really nice thank you note, sappy and appreciative, extolling how much she appreciates being part of the family and how welcome they have made her over the years, and how she really feels like they are her family. Boom, all good, everyone is happy.

Yeah seems like a pretty straightforward choice to just jump on it. Maybe get the aunt a thoughtful gift or something after the fact in addition to Timmy’s idea.

I feel no shame in having older relatives pay for dinner, etc. because I know they do it because they want to, and I know that I "pay it forward" to my younger relatives.I agree that a heartfelt thank you is all that's required in return.

Don't sweat it, the wife should go on the trip. A nice thank you note or small gift should be fine, but that's what wealthy aunts are for! I keep waiting for mine to invite me to live for free at her house on the Cape she never uses, so I can just get like a part time job bagging groceries or working at a bookshop or something.

I don't know, man

gotta figure out a way to avoid single parenting two young kids for a week

Nah, just think of the brownie points and future time you’ll earn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back