• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife’s from the nicer part of Birmingham and when she was growing up they got rid of buses in that district which I assume was to prevent any poors and minorities from attending the schools as all the stay at home soccer moms roll to school in their 1990s equivalent to an Acura RDX.

Mountain Brook? Not questioning your theory, but that wouldn't be the best area for school buses to navigate. Lot of blind curves and hills, etc.

Guessing that vehicle’s equivalent back then would have been like a fully loaded minivan? That Lexus/Acura tiny suv really scratched what itched suburbia when it was introduced.

1990_Plymouth_Voyager.jpg

were bigass Suburbans a thing in the 90s? I remember one mom having one, but it was an older model. Seems like the status symbol mom car was a Volvo or Mercedes station wagon.

My wife’s from the nicer part of Birmingham and when she was growing up they got rid of buses in that district which I assume was to prevent any poors and minorities from attending the schools as all the stay at home soccer moms roll to school in their 1990s equivalent to an Acura RDX.

hasn't Birmingham essentially re-segregated with white kids going to private schools and black kids going to public schools?

were bigass Suburbans a thing in the 90s? I remember one mom having one, but it was an older model. Seems like the status symbol mom car was a Volvo or Mercedes station wagon.

Agree. I will also submit Lincoln Navigators and Toyota Land Cruisers.

My cousins had a Lincoln Navigator and I was so jealous that they got to play NBA Jam on the headrest screens the whole way driving to see us.

My mom had a ‘94 Suburban.

Dude, I still fucking love that (cheetos?) commercial where the dude is riding in a buggy with an Amish guy. "What's it like without the Internet?" "Pretty much the same, your mom just has to mail the pictures instead." Fucking slays me.

Somehow the way it’s phrased in the commercial means the same thing but seems more appropriate for a mainstream TV ad.

Mountain Brook? Not questioning your theory, but that wouldn't be the best area for school buses to navigate. Lot of blind curves and hills, etc.

Mountain brook would be a bitch to drive a bus around

hasn't Birmingham essentially re-segregated with white kids going to private schools and black kids going to public schools?

Fucking North Carolina is rife with this shit as well. When my kids started public school a few years ago, I took the time to look at the school districting maps. Just fucking out-and-out socioeconomic-based racism. As someone from a homogeneous state, the school districts look fucking normal; like you'd expect them to look. Here? Just out and out fucking bullshit.

@palma got a new #client and their BA looks just like Tia Carrere from Wayne’s World. Distractingly hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back