• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
These types of pills don't make a lot of sense to me. If I am drunk enough that I am going to be hungover the next day, it is very unlikely that I am going to remember to take these pills while I am drinking and/or before I go to bed.

This post got me wondering: Is it possible to learn how to handle liquor? Or is that something you’re just born with?

Today in first period one of my students gave the most honest, insightful answer that I've heard in 16 years of teaching. They were discussing the coronavirus, and somehow, as often happens, the topic turned to politics. This student proceeded to talk about Bill Gates, confusing him with Bernie Sanders. After I explained to him that they were probably as diametrically opposed as two people could be in economic and philosophical terms, he responded, "It doesn't matter. They're both crooks. Gates is a businessman. He had to have taken advantage of people to make his money." When I then asked about the business dealings of President Trump, who the kid unabashedly worships, his response touched my soul.

"Yeah, but he's a Republican, ain't he"

Out of the mouths of babes, indeed.

sure fanon is great but have you read BiffTannen?

This post got me wondering: Is it possible to learn how to handle liquor? Or is that something you’re just born with?

I think you can. One's tolerance can be built, so it stands to reason you can "learn to handle liquor."

giphy.gif

Cancelled my trip to London next week. Pretty bummed about it but feels for the best. They cancelled London Book Fair. Sad, plus I had to give up my sweet Everton at Chelsea ticket up to a Chelsea fan coworker who will enjoy it but not as much as I would have enjoyed pitch invading watching DCL score his 200th goal of the season.

I think you can. One's tolerance can be built, so it stands to reason you can "learn to handle liquor."

I hear you, but I’m not sure those are the same thing. For some people, building a tolerance just makes the switch flip a little later in the evening.

Cancelled my trip to London next week. Pretty bummed about it but feels for the best. They cancelled London Book Fair. Sad, plus I had to give up my sweet Everton at Chelsea ticket up to a Chelsea fan coworker who will enjoy it but not as much as I would have enjoyed pitch invading watching DCL score his 200th goal of the season.

At least by staying home you'll be able to make $8.22/day returning your empty liquor bottles.

I hear you, but I’m not sure those are the same thing. For some people, building a tolerance just makes the switch flip a little later in the evening.

I don't know if they are the same either, but they're probably related. I'd also say holding your liquor is, in part, knowing how to pace yourself. Nobody can naturally just drink unlimited booze without showing any signs. So by all means it takes practice for everyone, regardless of what kind of tolerance or in-built capabilities you have.

At least by staying home you'll be able to make $8.22/day returning your empty liquor bottles.

with that plus the space rj rents in my brain, i barely need to work anymore. can really up my posting efforts.

my assistant is off this week and the flight and hotel she booked are non-refundable, no travel insurance, etc.

so now i get to sit on hold with united indefinitely, what fun!

Townie is so cute. But really, get out there, forget about me. Do something for yourself without thinking so much about me.

townie, you should consider renting yourself out to tourists to show them around town. there's no way this doesn't take off as a business.

townie, you should consider renting yourself out to tourists to show them around town. there's no way this doesn't take off as a business.

Charge $20/hour. Ask for two weeks notice and a five hour minimum. Also your meals should be paid for by the people who hire you.

Multiple day bookings could get discounts.

Anyone have any strong feelings on Airpods vs. non-Apple brands?

Biggest priorities would be:
1. Battery life
2. Comfort
3. Mic not picking up too much ambient noise

Generally use out of the box apple earbuds for listening to podcasts, music, and taking conference calls and would like to go wireless.

Don't GAF if they look like Airpods or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back