• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any strong feelings on Airpods vs. non-Apple brands?

Biggest priorities would be:
1. Battery life
2. Comfort
3. Mic not picking up too much ambient noise

Generally use out of the box apple earbuds for listening to podcasts, music, and taking conference calls and would like to go wireless.

Don't GAF if they look like Airpods or not.

I recently got the new AirPod Pros and like them. I typically DO NOT like the standard Apple headphones — find them very uncomfortable. These are much more comfortable and the noise canceling is really good. I also like the compact carrying case with charging.

i have Jabra Elite 65t's and they are excellent. sound is good; pass-through sound option by push-button, phone mic works well even in the wind.

battery is great; the charging pod holds its charge for a couple days even if i'm using the pods frequently (i do not wear them all day, only during long dog walks or doing yardwork, etc; 3 hrs max/time). I've had them for 18 months with no issues.

do recommend strongly

Last edited:
Ever since i got back from india i've been chasing the high of a truly great mango

that was talkin' fruit brought to you by zip recruiter

You know, Townie, I hear that 4 out of 5 employers who post a job on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day.

That's ZipRecruiter.

ZipRecruiter.com

You know, Townie, I hear that 4 out of 5 employers who post a job on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day.

That's ZipRecruiter.

ZipRecruiter.com

For some reason this started the 1-877-Kars4Kids jingle playing over and over again in my head.

Ever since i got back from india i've been chasing the high of a truly great mango

that was talkin' fruit brought to you by zip recruiter

I think I've posted this before, but someone once told me that the mangoes we get in the US are like the Red Delicious of mangoes, which is why they usually suck

I have heard similar things. My Nigerian coworker complains about fruit in America all the time. As a sophisticated fruit consumer myself, I can say America does make good berries.

I have heard similar things. My Nigerian coworker complains about fruit in America all the time. As a sophisticated fruit consumer myself, I can say America does make good berries.

haha yeah. we have a Hilton walking distance from our office visitors always stay at, and the Finns on my team always rave about the berries they serve at breakfast there.

For some reason this started the 1-877-Kars4Kids jingle playing over and over again in my head.

I was driving a co-worker around Atlanta last week and that jingle came on the radio... I immediately changed the channel and said, "Nope... Not today!" and he made me change it back because he'd never heard it and was curious.

And then it was in his head all day.

I think I've posted this before, but someone once told me that the mangoes we get in the US are like the Red Delicious of mangoes, which is why they usually suck

I never have good luck with regular mangoes, but the honey mango is delicious

also, did you guys know that the bananas we eat now are completely different than the bananas from early-mid 20th century? they all died out and were replaced. and when you have banana flavored things it's based on those. also how in old cartoons people slip on banana peels -- based off the old ones.

You know what's gross? Banana flavored Laffy Taffy.

If that is how Bananas used to taste, then good riddance.

Never liked dodos either. Goofy looking motherfuckers.

I think extinctions happen for a reason... Evolve or perish! I'm looking at you, black rhinos.

I think banana peels still might be able to fuck you up if you step on them, though.

also, did you guys know that the bananas we eat now are completely different than the bananas from early-mid 20th century? they all died out and were replaced. and when you have banana flavored things it's based on those. also how in old cartoons people slip on banana peels -- based off the old ones.

The Gros Michel. Our bananas are basically clones, which makes them susceptible to getting wiped out.

Also, that Kars4Kids song always makes me think of this:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched more than 2 minutes of Cheers episode at a time. Am I missing out (in comparison to today’s golden age of TV)?

Are those the bananas that had actual seeds?

Yeah. They have that weird aftertaste.

I hated mangoes until I went to a conference in PR and had actual tropical mangoes. Now the only ones I eats are the ones that my in-laws grow in their backyard.

You know what's gross? Banana flavored Laffy Taffy.

If that is how Bananas used to taste, then good riddance.

Never liked dodos either. Goofy looking motherfuckers.

I think extinctions happen for a reason... Evolve or perish! I'm looking at you, black rhinos.

Black rhinos? Pandas are trying pretty hard to darwin themselves. Rhinos are being hunted. Tag: thanks 'gina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back