• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain WTF is going on with this Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift thing ? It seems so incredibly petty that I'm confused. Kanye recorded a phone conversation with Taylor and made a nude wax figure of it and Kim lied about it or something. Also, #KimKardashianIsOverParty is trending on Twitter now.

FrightenedDownrightFoal-small.gif

Can someone explain WTF is going on with this Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift thing ? It seems so incredibly petty that I'm confused. Kanye recorded a phone conversation with Taylor and made a nude wax figure of it and Kim lied about it or something. Also, #KimKardashianIsOverParty is trending on Twitter now.

https://old.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/fo0cje/whats_going_on_with_taylor_swift/

Answer:In 2016, Kanye West released the song "Famous" which included this lyric:
I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / Why? I made that bitch famous
West said he called Swift and she had approved the lyrics. Swift's spokesperson issued a statement saying West did not ask for approval, only for her to promote the song on her social media, and she had also warned West to not release a song "with such a misogynistic message".
Kim Kardashian then weighed in and posted an excerpt of a video that purported to show Swift had approved the lyrics. Swift released a statement saying West had not played her the song in its entirety, and also he had not told her he was going to call her "that bitch". Swift's social media was bombarded with negative messages and she went dark for a while.
A few days ago, a much longer video recording of the phone conversation leaked online (transcript). The video appeared to support Swift's statements, that she had not approved the lyrics, and that West had not told her about the use of "bitch". The whole thing became trending on social media, though neither West, Kardashian, or Swift reacted other than liking a few posts on social media.
Earlier today, Swift posted a message on her Instagram stories saying she'd rather not address the thing, instead urging her followers to donate to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Then, Kardashian posted a series of tweets about it and got it trending again.

mayor of raleigh left her weed pen in the second photo

Lots of weird/dumb comments in that thread. I understand it's Twitter, but they're giving her a hard time for ordering takeout and leaving a big tip to keep a local restaurant afloat when some people don't have a paycheck. Duh.

Garland is good as shit, though. Well, it was the last time I was there. Prob still is, I don't know.

Man we are totally fucked, but I have been oddly somewhat calm lately, I think because I basically saw this played out in a vision I had a year or two ago after a massive bong hit one Saturday morning, shortly after which a Duke Power dude knocked on my door to let me know he was changing the meter which triggered something I guess. It didn’t end well and I had a bit of a freak out, but it has lessened the shock of some of this.

Like, it’s cool we’re sharing dank memes and shit, and singing from balconies and generally trying to keep each others’ spirits up — I’m doing the same, and it is helping — but it is edging into slight delusion, partly out of shock, at this point. We can’t take to the streets. Not sure what the answer is, general strike, I guess, maybe. But shit couldn’t have been laid out in starker terms, dang. At least people’s masks are fully off.

I love you chupe

You should check out The Overstory, the 2018 Pulitzer winner, if you haven’t

Palmab, going through some old music. Caught this gem.

Speaking of old music, I spent the morning catching up with what Kevin Federline is up to. It's kinda crazy that Britney Spears is still under a conservatorship, right? But then again when she was like an X Factor judge she did seem like she was just totally on another planet. Does any mental health professionals have any clue as to WTF happened to her? Is superstardom ala Michael Jackson just that damaging to ones brain?

mid-twenties is prime-time for some more serious mental health issues to really come to the surface; she just happened to be super famous, too, which likely didn't help. (if that's the case)

What was the sports bar in Winston Salem that had a bull in the parking lot? Like one of those big stockyard looking bulls just on a trailer in the parking lot. Just a real good sports bar, not a chain. I will be amazed if someone knows what I’m talking about. Anyways I miss that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back