• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Big Staley's (the steakhouse) and Little Staley's across from Reynolda Manor with their triple decker Staley's Special.

What was the sports bar in Winston Salem that had a bull in the parking lot? Like one of those big stockyard looking bulls just on a trailer in the parking lot. Just a real good sports bar, not a chain. I will be amazed if someone knows what I’m talking about. Anyways I miss that place.

Literally everybody knows what you're talking about.

I'm supposed to be fishing out of Islamorada right now and tomorrow.

An ancient, giant tree is being removed from right in front of my house right now. One one hand: sweet, one less potential Bungalow crusher; on the other: my already shot attention span is totally fucked even more as I listen to chainsaws and woodchippers and cherry pickers and jump at every "thunk" that shakes my house. Not getting much done.

An ancient, giant tree is being removed from right in front of my house right now. One one hand: sweet, one less potential Bungalow crusher; on the other: my already shot attention span is totally fucked even more as I listen to chainsaws and woodchippers and cherry pickers and jump at every "thunk" that shakes my house. Not getting much done.

As the wood chippers whirl, have you thought about watching the original Fargo flick?

It did cross my mind, but I might have to wait until these cats are done before I do anything that requires listening.

chupes have we talked about chad vangaalen before

also there was a handwritten note in my package from merge i ordered on that bandcamp day that said "you have good taste" and i'd like to think mac wrote it himself

chupes have we talked about chad vangaalen before

also there was a handwritten note in my package from merge i ordered on that bandcamp day that said "you have good taste" and i'd like to think mac wrote it himself

What all did you end up grabbing? Mac/Laura definitely might be packing and shipping stuff themselves at this point. I've heard the CVG name before, so probably heard it here from you/los boards, but I don't think I've done any more exploring. I'll check some out, or try to remember.

if you do want somewhere to start, chad's first two, infiniheart and skelliconnection are fun

i bought:

Lambchop - Nixon
Eleanor Friedberger - Last Summer
Times New Viking - Dancer Equired
Hospitality - Hospitality
William Tyler - Goes West

and also bought a couple phil elverum and microphones 45s

TNV! My GIRL! And that is prob the best Lambchop record, so they were right.

TNV were/are planning a reunion show this summer, apparently. Who knows what will happen now, but that was the word a couple months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back