• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw his approval rating went up and ... WTF?

Idk man. People love Donald Trump the character. It could be the business character from such works of fiction as Art of the Deal or the apprentice. It could be the successful American president fighting for conservative rights character propagated by fox and his remoras like graham. It could be the god loving Christian character made up by the grifting hell-bound preachers.

Of course any time he opens his mouth he proves those all to be bullshit but I think people have glommed onto their character worship so hard that they don’t even hear his actual words anymore. There must be quite a technique to instantly suppress your hypocrisy meter when he speaks. I’d ask some of those sports board whiners how it works but they’d just whine more.

Yeah. And I fucking love Kevin. Prob my favorite contestant ever.

A lot of really likable chefs this year

Worried about my boy Eric IRL, his place just opened here like a month before the shit hit the fan

Idk man. People love Donald Trump the character. It could be the business character from such works of fiction as Art of the Deal or the apprentice. It could be the successful American president fighting for conservative rights character propagated by fox and his remoras like graham. It could be the god loving Christian character made up by the grifting hell-bound preachers.

Of course any time he opens his mouth he proves those all to be bullshit but I think people have glommed onto their character worship so hard that they don’t even hear his actual words anymore. There must be quite a technique to instantly suppress your hypocrisy meter when he speaks. I’d ask some of those sports board whiners how it works but they’d just whine more.

They’ve been groomed their whole lives to hate the big bad media and now they finally have a guy who coined a term that he didn’t coin and it doesn’t mean what he says it means. But cries of fake news can do anything to wipe away criticism of the legitimate worst person in America.

I thought his press conference was much better today. But there definitely is the sense the only thing that gets him to do anything is bad media coverage. Like invoking the act on GM today.

I thought his press conference was much better today. But there definitely is the sense the only thing that gets him to do anything is bad media coverage. Like invoking the act on GM today.

Do not watch 1917 with your wife if the kids are finally with the grandparents overnight and you’re trying to get laid. Great movie though.

What’s the best chocolate chip cookie recipe? Looking for a new one to try. Thinking either the NYT one, Bon Appetit, or make https://hostthetoast.com/best-chewy-cafe-style-chocolate-chip-cookies/ again but try with brown butter. Thoughts/suggestions/help I’m going crazy sheltered in place.

Ended up making the ones from that blog. The first time I made them they were delicious. This time, I browned the butter like I said above & used semisweet & milk chips. Guittard makes these chips that are essentially flat, meant for cookies, so I used some of those. The changes made the cookies ever better. Would recommend.

Guy Fieri is a goober but Diners Drive-ins and Dives is my ultimate Friday night with bourbon show after a week of working out like a fiend and eating practically nothing but vegetables. Let me live vicariously through you Guy, that burger/bbq/cheesesteak/sandwich looks amazing.

He’s actually pretty well respected in some chef circles. He’s pretty genuine about wanting to promote small businesses (and god knows they need it rn). And he’s actually fairly knowledgeable when it comes to food and cooking.

Yeah that seems to be the educated consensus. Total goober but a really good person and surprisingly genuine as well. Not fake and hard to hate.

He’s actually pretty well respected in some chef circles. He’s pretty genuine about wanting to promote small businesses (and god knows they need it rn). And he’s actually fairly knowledgeable when it comes to food and cooking.

The fact that he hates eggs makes me laugh every time

Fair point. But both my family and the grandparents have been in isolation for two weeks so we thought it was ok to let them see the kids.

You and your kids have had zero contact with another human being for 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back