• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have K-cups but the ones they buy are really shitty, Green Mountain Dark Magic and some really weak breakfast blend. we have the filters where you can bring your own coffee, and usually someone has some really good locally roasted stuff, but those things are a pain to clean and hardly worth it.

keurigs make average coffee at best

You know what’s lame? I like to get the window seat on planes so I can stare out the window and contemplate existence and other heavy shit like that, but the window is never right by one’s face. It’s always slightly forward. Lame, man.

You know what’s lame? I like to get the window seat on planes so I can stare out the window and contemplate existence and other heavy shit like that, but the window is never right by one’s face. It’s always slightly forward. Lame, man.

q8BO5tV.png

Would it be more difficult to lose both your legs or your arm that has your dominant hand?

Do you get to keep any portion of your legs for prosthetics/etc? If so that makes it pretty easy IMO (definitely losing the legs).

i would think losing one arm beats losing both legs; lots of stuff is still doable with one arm

Had Monday off so I went to a coffee shop / roaster to enjoy a cup of coffee and a book - what an amazing experience. I forgot how delicious good coffee, properly made can be since I'm normally just slamming down some Trader Joe's breakfast blend while getting the kiddos ready in the morning.

I was thinking about the lack of cleaning, so that makes sense. I also think you're right about them being scalded/over extracted, as it's way stronger than any other coffee I've ever had. I only drank 2/3 of a pretty normal sized mug and have been way more wired (uncomfortably so, actually) than I ever am after home brew/Bux.

cleaning will help, but if you and/or the person who makes the coffee can standardize the amount/ratio of water to grounds you can steadily win the battle.

in general, people seem to put in more coffee than is necessary/desired either out of ignorance or because they're used to adding milk & sugar and dilute the coffee

what is the appropriate machine ratio? 2 cups of water per tablespoon or something?

I think the rule of thumb is the inverse of that - 2tbsp per cup of water. But for my machine that’s way too much. I just use 1 heaping tbsp of whole beans per cup of water, grind that then brew and enjoy.

Do you get to keep any portion of your legs for prosthetics/etc? If so that makes it pretty easy IMO (definitely losing the legs).

Let's say legs are gone to past the knee or arm is gone past the elbow. I don't know how sophisticated prosthetics are, but say in this scenario they wouldn't really be of benefit.

i would think losing one arm beats losing both legs; lots of stuff is still doable with one arm

Lots you can't do with only one arm (RIP touch typing and any sort of gaming ever again), and it'd be a bitch to try and teach yourself to use the non-dominant hand (going from experience here when I didn't have use of my right arm for 3-4 weeks). You'd be able to walk/run with leg prosthetics and in general I think those are easier to improve upon in the near future with technology vs simulating hand dexterity. There seem to be more sports you can participate in w/ no legs pretty well vs 1 arm too (wheelchair basketball, slalom-skiing, kayaking, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back