• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently one of our company’s EVPs (not in my division) died in a horrible plane crash in Zimbabwe while on a hunting expedition. Was reading some articles online and supposedly all bodies were decapitated and they can’t find 2 heads of the 5 total people onboard. Yeesh.

Apparently one of our company’s EVPs (not in my division) died in a horrible plane crash in Zimbabwe while on a hunting expedition. Was reading some articles online and supposedly all bodies were decapitated and they can’t find 2 heads of the 5 total people onboard. Yeesh.

big game hunting? if so, good riddance.

I'm barely tolerating a Granny Smith apple that was leftover from Thanksgiving baking. The only positive is that it isn't mealy.

So, this was the Saturday the future Mrs. Clutch and I planned to finally live in sin together (sub 100 days before wedding) and move into a new apt, as it was one of the few weekends she was around. Movers were expected to come at 2:30 PM, so I thought I could watch most of the game before I had to be active. I did what I was to supposed, went to the city and paid 50 bucks for reserved parking signs and put them up more than 72 hours beforehand as was required. I wake up Saturday morning and cars are still in all the spots. I call the city and they say they will have someone out ticketing.

The Mrs. and I take a car load of stuff to the new place, clean up a bit and decide to head back around 11:30. As we are in the car driving back, the movers call and tell us they will be early, like 12-12:30. Back at my place, I see a bunch of cars have been ticketed, but they are still in the reserved stops. I call the city again, and they say they will send for the tow truck at. At 12:15 the movers show up, but no tow truck. The movers park in the middle of the street and we load all my stuff in about 15 minutes. Only irate person is the dude in the red Mercedes who wont backup in the way of the truck. My stuff is packed and the truck is moving at about 12:45. Then the tow truck shows up. I tell the tow truck driver we are all done, what happens next is up to him. From what I heard from my neighbor, the tow truck driver went to town after that. Picking up her stuff and dropping it all off at the new place went pretty well despite the torrential downpour.

In the immortal words of my father, no one ever talks about having a good move, but this one raised the bar a bit. Was able to listen to the game on the app, but man, seems like I missed alot. The Mrs. has jetted back out again, and I have a semi unpacked apt to myself for the next two weeks.

So, this was the Saturday the future Mrs. Clutch and I planned to finally live in sin together (sub 100 days before wedding) and move into a new apt, as it was one of the few weekends she was around. Movers were expected to come at 2:30 PM, so I thought I could watch most of the game before I had to be active. I did what I was to supposed, went to the city and paid 50 bucks for reserved parking signs and put them up more than 72 hours beforehand as was required. I wake up Saturday morning and cars are still in all the spots. I call the city and they say they will have someone out ticketing.

The Mrs. and I take a car load of stuff to the new place, clean up a bit and decide to head back around 11:30. As we are in the car driving back, the movers call and tell us they will be early, like 12-12:30. Back at my place, I see a bunch of cars have been ticketed, but they are still in the reserved stops. I call the city again, and they say they will send for the tow truck at. At 12:15 the movers show up, but no tow truck. The movers park in the middle of the street and we load all my stuff in about 15 minutes. Only irate person is the dude in the red Mercedes who wont backup in the way of the truck. My stuff is packed and the truck is moving at about 12:45. Then the tow truck shows up. I tell the tow truck driver we are all done, what happens next is up to him. From what I heard from my neighbor, the tow truck driver went to town after that. Picking up her stuff and dropping it all off at the new place went pretty well despite the torrential downpour.

In the immortal words of my father, no one ever talks about having a good move, but this one raised the bar a bit. Was able to listen to the game on the app, but man, seems like I missed alot. The Mrs. has jetted back out again, and I have a semi unpacked apt to myself for the next two weeks.

I'm shocked the tow truck even showed up. When we moved, they told us we were SOL because they don't work on the weekends.

Holy shit, my brain hurts after this weekend. Family is weird. Feelings are weird. Family feelings are super weird. I'm tired and don't want to be at work.

Well, I have a split family so twice the food, twice the obligations, and there are always a lot of moving parts. I do a gathering at my Dad's, and both my brother and his son had new girlfriends around, so you have to be "on" a little more. My stepbrother has an 18 month old, and that's a handful, and my stepmom was coughing herself to death while working herself to near-death (now in the hospital with pneumonia), while still struggling to grieve for her youngest son, my stepbrother who passed away last year, and holidays are always the worst for her. His son was with us, and he's a freshman/soph (I forget) at a high school in Winston where he does not have much in common with anyone and is acting out in various ways. He witnessed his Dad dying (probably some aneurysm not helped by years of booze/hard labor/pain pills(?), but my folks decided not to read the official report) and he is not getting the help he needs, which is kind of killing my stepmom. It's going to be rough for my man to make it out, I think, I'm just hoping he doesn't turn to booze like his dad (RIP).

So that was one half.

My mom, sister (and bro-in-law), and I do another Thanksgiving with family friends. Last year the grandmother/matriarch died so their entire extended family was in town, and this year their grandfather/patriarch died (on what would have been his late wife's birthday), and that happened again. They are like family, so in a way it's not weird, but they aren't actual family and we are hanging around this family event, so I always feel a little out of place. There were like 4 or 5 kids under-5 years old running around, and that is tiring. I had a weird couple-of-month intense flirtation with one of the extended cousins of this family many years ago at a family wedding, and, though we have hung out a few times since, she is seeing someone, etc. it always feels kind of weird to me, a "what if," because we never really did anything. She lives in Minnesota and is like 8 years younger than I am, or something. Almost every time we made eye contact this weekend she winked at me. It was weird and disconcerting. I was disconcerted. Two of my other close friends in this family are alcoholics in recovery, and we always used to go out and booze it, but there was this underlying tension this time around when I and many others were drinking. I talk to both of them, so their parents, who are like surrogate parents to me, are trying to talk to me about what I've heard from them about stuff, because they don't communicate all that well, and, I don't know man, it was a lot to process.

My dad knows this family, too, and he came to the funeral. He's still trying to deal and grieve over the death of his stepson, as well as his own father, my grandfather, four years ago, and reconcile shit. But we talked yesterday after I found out my stepmom was in the hospital, and it felt weird -- like I felt guilty for hanging out with this other family and helping with the service, even though my dad was the deadbeat one during my younger years/teens (he's gotten a lot better, but doesn't express himself well). Anyway, it was actually mostly good, but heavy, and I'm tired.

So I had a panic attack/intense period of reflection/wave of life-guilt one night that I'm still kind of trying to get to grips with. And now back to the real world. Trying not to be too emo, but I'm way too self-aware.

Had a six course tasting menu and wine pairing at an internationally recognized restaurant in Medellin for Thanksgiving this year. Definitely one of the best meals of my life, for around $150 for the two of us.

Colombia is the shit. Y’all should visit. Sad to be heading home today.

Well, I have a split family so twice the food, twice the obligations, and there are always a lot of moving parts. I do a gathering at my Dad's, and both my brother and his son had new girlfriends around, so you have to be "on" a little more. My stepbrother has an 18 month old, and that's a handful, and my stepmom was coughing herself to death while working herself to near-death (now in the hospital with pneumonia), while still struggling to grieve for her youngest son, my stepbrother who passed away last year, and holidays are always the worst for her. His son was with us, and he's a freshman/soph (I forget) at a high school in Winston where he does not have much in common with anyone and is acting out in various ways. He witnessed his Dad dying (probably some aneurysm not helped by years of booze/hard labor/pain pills(?), but my folks decided not to read the official report) and he is not getting the help he needs, which is kind of killing my stepmom. It's going to be rough for my man to make it out, I think, I'm just hoping he doesn't turn to booze like his dad (RIP).

So that was one half.

My mom, sister (and bro-in-law), and I do another Thanksgiving with family friends. Last year the grandmother/matriarch died so their entire extended family was in town, and this year their grandfather/patriarch died (on what would have been his late wife's birthday), and that happened again. They are like family, so in a way it's not weird, but they aren't actual family and we are hanging around this family event, so I always feel a little out of place. There were like 4 or 5 kids under-5 years old running around, and that is tiring. I had a weird couple-of-month intense flirtation with one of the extended cousins of this family many years ago at a family wedding, and, though we have hung out a few times since, she is seeing someone, etc. it always feels kind of weird to me, a "what if," because we never really did anything. She lives in Minnesota and is like 8 years younger than I am, or something. Almost every time we made eye contact this weekend she winked at me. It was weird and disconcerting. I was disconcerted. Two of my other close friends in this family are alcoholics in recovery, and we always used to go out and booze it, but there was this underlying tension this time around when I and many others were drinking. I talk to both of them, so their parents, who are like surrogate parents to me, are trying to talk to me about what I've heard from them about stuff, because they don't communicate all that well, and, I don't know man, it was a lot to process.

My dad knows this family, too, and he came to the funeral. He's still trying to deal and grieve over the death of his stepson, as well as his own father, my grandfather, four years ago, and reconcile shit. But we talked yesterday after I found out my stepmom was in the hospital, and it felt weird -- like I felt guilty for hanging out with this other family and helping with the service, even though my dad was the deadbeat one during my younger years/teens (he's gotten a lot better, but doesn't express himself well). Anyway, it was actually mostly good, but heavy, and I'm tired.

So I had a panic attack/intense period of reflection/wave of life-guilt one night that I'm still kind of trying to get to grips with. And now back to the real world. Trying not to be too emo, but I'm way too self-aware.

That sounds tough, man. The guilt piece is real. How do you come down? Does smack tea and other herbal remedies help? I usually have a bad week after spending time with my family. It’s like a hangover.

Had a six course tasting menu and wine pairing at an internationally recognized restaurant in Medellin for Thanksgiving this year. Definitely one of the best meals of my life, for around $150 for the two of us.

we have a few trade shows in Bogota and Medellin next year and I hope I can hit at least one

Did a week in Colombia, but skipped Medellin in favor of some outdoors sports stuff. Would love to get back.

Did you do Medellin the whole time?

Smack tea and weed help, though weed has been making me a little more paranoid lately and I don't want to be too dependent on either, but I also want to avoid getting hooked by any big pharma anti-anxiety/depressant meds.

And now my stepmom is in hospital until Friday, and we were all supposed to go see Richard Thompson on Thursday, so I guess that's out. Least of my concerns, but was looking forwards towards hanging with the folks for something fun with no pressure. My dad is probably freaking out.

Did a week in Colombia, but skipped Medellin in favor of some outdoors sports stuff. Would love to get back.

Did you do Medellin the whole time?

we have a few trade shows in Bogota and Medellin next year and I hope I can hit at least one

2 nights in Bogota, 2 nights in Medellin and 3 nights in Cartagena for our Honeymoon. Bogota was cool, but the traffic, smog, and sprawl made it slightly disappointing. However the trip up Monserrate was v cool. Cartagena is an awesome old Spanish port town, which we’ve really enjoyed, especially our day trip out to a resort on the Rosario Islands. However our favorite is definitely Medellin. The history of the city is fascinating, and the ease of transportation (awesome new above ground metro) compared to Bogota was refreshing. We also went horseback riding in the Andes which was really cool. I really wish we’d spent a week there. I loved it. Everyone we’ve met on the trip was very nice and accommodating of our broken Spanglish, but particularly so in Medellin. I got us lost in Communa 13 (Pablo Escobar’s former barrio) and people were directing us through their porches and backyards to help us get to the electric escalators. It was surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back