• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many people actually get cars for Christmas? obviously commercials are going for power of suggestion, but I have only ever known of one person ever to purchase/give a car for Christmas... and I don't think it worked out so well in the long run.

what are the hot things for Christmas this year? what are people wanting/giving?

i'm with you. My parents gave me a car for Christmas one year but it was necessary. And not anything amazing either. This idea that I should go buy a mercedes or a lexus for my spouse for christmas? NO thank you.

must be pretty comfortable financially to be able to surprise a spouse with a car. also, that seems like something you'd want to shop for together so you get the right model, colors, features, etc.

I'm going to Nashville after Christmas for a couple of days. Should I start a thread for recs? I bet some of you guys have some good shit to tell me. Maybe I'll also start a thread, but I'm going to Ireland in the spring most likely, and that seems more thread-worthy. I don't like to start threads -- too much pressure.

I'm going to Nashville after Christmas for a couple of days. Should I start a thread for recs? I bet some of you guys have some good shit to tell me. Maybe I'll also start a thread, but I'm going to Ireland in the spring most likely, and that seems more thread-worthy. I don't like to start threads -- too much pressure.

I think there is an Ireland thread that was recently updated

I really hope we don’t get deprived of a good coaching search this offseason. That’s the most enjoyable part of being a Wake fan these days. Hope Ball State’s inbox is cleared out.

I really hope we don’t get deprived of a good coaching search this offseason. That’s the most enjoyable part of being a Wake fan these days. Hope Ball State’s inbox is cleared out.

a few weeks of excited rumors and speculation followed by a dead cat drop of a no-name head scratcher !

Then 5 years of frustration and lunatic sports board rants !

OffbeatFarawayAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

how many people actually get cars for Christmas? obviously commercials are going for power of suggestion, but I have only ever known of one person ever to purchase/give a car for Christmas... and I don't think it worked out so well in the long run.

I had a brother-in-law who used to work for a dealership (not a mega-dealer) and seemingly every Christmas Eve he was making at least one delivery for Santa.

must be pretty comfortable financially to be able to surprise a spouse with a car. also, that seems like something you'd want to shop for together so you get the right model, colors, features, etc.

Does Knight look like a guy that gives a shit what model, colors or features his wife wants. He got her a car and she should shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

Yeah...doubt it, given the amount of folks who run up credit card debt to pay for Christmas. ‘Tis the season of outkicking financial coverage.

Nashville: Tootsies is the OG, but it gets super crowded. Florida Georgia Line House is my new fav, but its very new Nashville, spacious and good music with plenty of bar space, but not a ton of character. Party Fowl is good Nashville Hot, but they dont take reservations, so be prepared to wait. The Pharmacy is a great burger and milk shake, but probably requires a car. In all seriousness you can stay on Broad for several days and not be bored.

Ireland: Trinity college in Dublin is worth walking around, Guinness factory has the best view of the city and a fun tour. Kinsale in the south was very cool, worth staying there for a night. Galway is fine, but a day is all you need, however its a good jumping off point for tours like the Cliffs of Moher. Driving around the little streets takes some getting use to, so if you want to do Dingle or the Cliffs I would do a tour rather than drive yourself, highway driving is easy. I wish I had time to go to Sligo to see Kylemore Abby, and Belfast.

workers of the world should unite to reject the practice of holiday gift baskets in exchange for a small increase in bonuses

Nashville: Tootsies is the OG, but it gets super crowded. Florida Georgia Line House is my new fav, but its very new Nashville, spacious and good music with plenty of bar space, but not a ton of character. Party Fowl is good Nashville Hot, but they dont take reservations, so be prepared to wait. The Pharmacy is a great burger and milk shake, but probably requires a car. In all seriousness you can stay on Broad for several days and not be bored.

Ireland: Trinity college in Dublin is worth walking around, Guinness factory has the best view of the city and a fun tour. Kinsale in the south was very cool, worth staying there for a night. Galway is fine, but a day is all you need, however its a good jumping off point for tours like the Cliffs of Moher. Driving around the little streets takes some getting use to, so if you want to do Dingle or the Cliffs I would do a tour rather than drive yourself, highway driving is easy. I wish I had time to go to Sligo to see Kylemore Abby, and Belfast.

Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back