• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Same dude. Julian Carr. Check out his speech at the original Silent Sam dedication. Pretty terrible stuff.

I may be getting this slightly wrong, but Carrboro was called something else, then changed to Venable. Venable didn’t really care all that much about a town being named after him and Carr wrote a letter saying that it should be named after Carr instead since he owned the mill. I guess people were just like, Sure, whatever.

There have been some calls to change the name, but businesses would really be put out, so nothing has happened.

Also, it is kind of great to think about how Carrboro is pretty crunchy and welcoming and gay and trans and Carr would freak out over that being associated with his name, so, in this case, I'm cool with keeping it.

Top reason I'll be a loyal husband is I can't imagine ever doing any better than my wife so why ever risk that for some one night strange?

Top reason I'll be a loyal husband is I can't imagine ever doing any better than my wife so why ever risk that for some one night strange?

so what you are saying is that if somehow some absurdly hot girl hit on you at a bar it would probably be worth risking your wife for it?

so what you are saying is that if somehow some absurdly hot girl hit on you at a bar it would probably be worth risking your wife for it?

Well I guess the real top reason is I love my wife and like being married to her. If someone hit on me at a bar I probably wouldn't even notice because I'm completely oblivious.

Yep. Same dude. Julian Carr. Check out his speech at the original Silent Sam dedication. Pretty terrible stuff.

I may be getting this slightly wrong, but Carrboro was called something else, then changed to Venable. Venable didn’t really care all that much about a town being named after him and Carr wrote a letter saying that it should be named after Carr instead since he owned the mill. I guess people were just like, Sure, whatever.

There have been some calls to change the name, but businesses would really be put out, so nothing has happened.

And they are just continuing to fuck up this Silent Sam thing. Jesus christ. Don't want it on a pedestal in the middle of campus? How about we build a whole building for the thing! That will be paid for by taxpayers and need guarding using taxpayer money. 5.3 mil up front, 800k annual operating costs. State-of-the-art. Great stuff, UNC.

Yeah, I saw that. Beyond stupid. Let's move the protests indoors !

what is your prefered stylization of phone number?

Mine: xxx.xxx.xxxx

I'm anti-parentheses

The parentheses were for a different age, back when the area code was implied. Now you have to use the area code every time, so it's really important and should never be parenthetical.

The parentheses were for a different age, back when the area code was implied. Now you have to use the area code every time, so it's really important and should never be parenthetical.

I was on an email chain where the phone numbers were shared without an area code and I'm like "bitch, now I gotta google that" .

Due to a call center job I had during summers in college, I was a master at area codes for a while. I probably knew at least 50 by heart. All gone now.

I was on an email chain where the phone numbers were shared without an area code and I'm like "bitch, now I gotta google that" .

a lot of businesses around here will have signs and billboards and such without area codes and since we're such a touristy area that doesn't seem helpful.

a lot of businesses around here will have signs and billboards and such without area codes and since we're such a touristy area that doesn't seem helpful.

Yeah, but there's only one area code there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back