• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a brand new iMac set up. Surprisingly challenging mainly due to shipping with a freaking outdated operating system. WTF, Apple?

Anyhow, here's 'bout how I'm feeling about the whole experience...

Top Five Christmas Songs

In no particular order

The Christmas Song
O Holy Night
Silent Night
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
White Christmas

Total rube answer but I love randy travis’s jingle bell rock.

Top Five Christmas Songs

In no particular order

The Christmas Song
O Holy Night
Silent Night
White Christmas

This is a tremendous list. For personal reasons I also enjoy Mariah Carey singing "All I want for Christmas Is You" but I'd be happy with your 5 on permanent rotation.

All I Want For Christmas Is You was the First Out. I slightly prefer Baby Please Come Home, but that would be the logical one to replace with Mariah.

My parents play the James Taylor Christmas album pretty much on repeat at their house. Looking forward to that for a couple days. Only one or two duds on there.

Reminds me I haven't listened to the Charlie Brown Christmas album yet this year. Figure I should remedy that while working today.

yeah, Illinois talking about a program to diversify the weed industry and several calls for mass emancipation for all marijuana-related offenses

baby steps, but still better, imo

How long do you think before we get recreational? With Rauner out, Pritzker in, I think it will be legal by the end of '19. Makes so much sense for Illinois.

Top Five Christmas Songs

In no particular order

The Christmas Song
O Holy Night
Silent Night
White Christmas

O Holy Night- Perry Como is the sentimental favorite. The Carpenters have an excellent version sans lyrics.
Silent Night- Much to my shock, Jewel does a great rendition
What Child Is This- Equally surprising, Carrie Underwood's version is probably my favorite
Carol of the Bells- Not a lot of good takes out there with the lyrics. Give it to Andy Williams for vocals, George Winston for instrumental.
The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole, obviously.

O Little Town of Bethlehem- Again has to be Nat, although Jewel's is also great
O Come All Ye Faithful- Celine Dion takes it
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Perry Como again
No Place Like Home for the Holidays- Have to go with the Carpenters since I'm already so heavy on Perry Como
The First Noel- Bing Crosby by a mile

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Andy Williams owns it
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing- John Davidson by far
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen- Bing again
Do You Hear What I Hear- Mr. Como, why don't you make yourself comfortable?
A Holly Jolly Christmas- Burl Ives, there can be no other

The Chipmunk Song- Alvin and the Chipmunks (and Dave)
The Holly and the Ivy- George Winston on piano
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas- Bing
White Christmas- Bing owns it, but the Drifters are also fantastic
Happy Xmas- John

Wonderful Christmastime- Paul
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear- Frank Sinatra
Old Toy Trains- Glenn Campbell
Silver Bells- Johnny Mathis
The Little Drummer Boy- Johnny Cash

Wonderful Christmastime is the worst Christmas song ever made.

Drifters White Christmas is the tits.

I'm in a final exam right now, and I've brought along a novel to read: 201 pages and 69,193 words. Any guesses?

Here's a hint. I just found it in my email inbox yesterday. Someone sent it to me almost seven years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back