• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi old friends

had a good year of not posting, got a dog, did lots of fun traveling

question since there are so many dc alumni

where is good to go buy a house around dc that doesn't suck tremendously

the only places i've been i like are way out in loudon county like purcelville/round hill near catoctin creek distilling and i'd live out there in the country for sure, but want to see if there's anywhere else cool that isn't all strip malls that'd be an easier commute

buy more money so you can afford a house in a better neighborhood

why do you want to live that far out

11-the-big-lebowski-quotes.gif

hi old friends

the only places i've been i like are way out in loudon county like purcelville/round hill near catoctin creek distilling and i'd live out there in the country for sure, but want to see if there's anywhere else cool that isn't all strip malls that'd be an easier commute

Ashburn is affordable and with the silver line you will be ok on commuting. Vienna still has some reasonably priced pockets. Your other option would be Maryland, such as Gaithersburg or Wheaton, but the taxes are gonna kill ya. If you want to do a Townhouse, Alexandria or Del Ray.

If the Mrs. and I weren't shipping out to Lisbon this summer we were looking north of Bethesda.

Ashburn is affordable and with the silver line you will be ok on commuting. Vienna still has some reasonably priced pockets. Your other option would be Maryland, such as Gaithersburg or Wheaton, but the taxes are gonna kill ya. If you want to do a Townhouse, Alexandria or Del Ray.

If the Mrs. and I weren't shipping out to Lisbon this summer we were looking north of Bethesda.

For a moment, I thought you were referencing HoCo Lisbon, my old stomping grounds.

hi old friends

KW4fkB4.gif

I'm not sure your price range, but I used to live in the White Flint area and it was pretty fun. I guess it may be too strip mallish for you, but it's not as bad as Gaithersburg and it's closer to D.C.

You should buy a pinball machine. Great fun for the entire family! People who have pinball machines never get sad.

hoping for similar effects with a SNES classic. The kids are about to get their butt's beat in some MarioKart.

we had a pinball machine when i was a kid. it was great.

also had an Operation: Wolf cabinet. that got old pretty quickly

Hit me with your Nashville recs. Or should I start a thread? I feel like we can close this CT out before the new year.

I'm going with family - mom, aunt (?), sister, and bro-in-law. We are all 35+ so it doesn't need to be kiddie shit, and can involve booze, but still stuff everyone can enjoy. I want to go see this exhibit at the Country Music HoF/Museum. May also see a friend who is a recovering alcoholic, so non-booze related stuff is welcome, as well.

https://countrymusichalloffame.org/exhibits/exhibitdetail/outlaws

I have been made aware there is a professional ice hockey team in Nashville, so we may go to a professional ice hockey match. Cool things to do around the rink? Word. Thanks CT.

I know I already asked the CT before, but I think I only got one response and then it turned into a country music discussion, so maybe I'll start a thread next week. I'm sure you all are thrilled at the prospect.

Hit me with your Nashville recs. Or should I start a thread? I feel like we can close this CT out before the new year.

I'm going with family - mom, aunt (?), sister, and bro-in-law. We are all 35+ so it doesn't need to be kiddie shit, and can involve booze, but still stuff everyone can enjoy. I want to go see this exhibit at the Country Music HoF/Museum. May also see a friend who is a recovering alcoholic, so non-booze related stuff is welcome, as well.

https://countrymusichalloffame.org/exhibits/exhibitdetail/outlaws

I have been made aware there is a professional ice hockey team in Nashville, so we may go to a professional ice hockey match. Cool things to do around the rink? Word. Thanks CT.

SMASHVILLE

Definitely go to a game.

Here are two threads: Uno, Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back