• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Wine and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing like standing in the summer sun wearing polyester for 4 hours selling dippin' dots listening to the same 10 polka tracks on loop for minimum wage

nothing like standing in the summer sun wearing polyester for 4 hours selling dippin' dots listening to the same 10 polka tracks on loop for minimum wage

thank god you didn't form a union

Where can I get a good Dunkel around here?

iptgSkT.jpg

2BNgKyC.jpg

I'll never understand the Rolling Rock hate. It's the best of the cheap American beers. At least if you get it in a can.

My grandfather was a rolling rock guy. I never developed the palate for fancy beers. I enjoy Lone Star, which is apparently an American Pale Ale. I have found the old saying, you only rent beer, but you buy whisky to be very true. Prior to that I was a Bud Light guy until I came back to the US and realized it was way too sweet. Now I go Coors or PBR if they don't have the LS.

Being susceptible to advertising, I bought a 6 pack of Eight Elite Light Lager the new Troy Aikman brewed beer. It tastes like Mich Ultra, and only has 90 calories. It is still more expensive than my six shooter of Lone Star, so I will not be making the switch.

Is a stout really a porter?
At least historically

A Guinness is a "stout porter"

"stout" is an adjective describing a porter's strength.

Nowadays it sometimes suggests whether the barley is malted or not. Sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back