• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Wine and beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, divorcee gym lady just followed me on the gram, which is even weirder because I’ve never told her my name.

My grandfather was a rolling rock guy. I never developed the palate for fancy beers. I enjoy Lone Star, which is apparently an American Pale Ale. I have found the old saying, you only rent beer, but you buy whisky to be very true. Prior to that I was a Bud Light guy until I came back to the US and realized it was way too sweet. Now I go Coors or PBR if they don't have the LS.

Being susceptible to advertising, I bought a 6 pack of Eight Elite Light Lager the new Troy Aikman brewed beer. It tastes like Mich Ultra, and only has 90 calories. It is still more expensive than my six shooter of Lone Star, so I will not be making the switch.

Lone Star is great. APA is a good style too.

I choose porter/stout/ipa

I don't like most pilsners (I do like the dry-hopped ones burial does, that I think juice mentioned), and can go without witbiers if necessary

I think the point about IPAs during hot months was valid 10 years ago, but there are so many juicy + session IPAs these days that are perfect for crushing on the beach, that I wouldn't be worried about it.

Hi-wire lo-pitch used to be my go-to in that regard, but then they changed it to be a slightly higher gravity hazy, and it's a lot less crushable now. The first iteration of that beer I'd do a 12 pack in a day at the beach/on the lake no problem.

It'd be like back in the day, when I used to take whole olives and put them on the end of each of my fingers and pretend they were little people before eating them. Except with birdman, it would be bitches. Probably up to 10 bitches. I'm sure there's some rule about bitches and how many bitches you can have on your fingers, but I don't know.

It'd be like back in the day, when I used to take whole olives and put them on the end of each of my fingers and pretend they were little people before eating them. Except with birdman, it would be bitches. Probably up to 10 bitches. I'm sure there's some rule about bitches and how many bitches you can have on your fingers, but I don't know.

https://youtu.be/BWaIxmnERMQ

The real perplexing choice would be porter or stout.

any of your literary chatters rock with Jamaica Kincaid?

her interview in the Paris Review made me think she'd be a fun hang, but a lot of the criticism out there isn't really high on her stuff

The real perplexing choice would be porter or stout.

porter, right?

in my head i've got stouts as the very drinkable dark beers, but not usually that interesting or altered

with porters being the ones that usually have more adjuncts and you get lots of cool shit there

i can drink other stuff that's very drinkable, so I'm going with more interesting option (all of the crazy shit i've gotten from burial has been imperial porters iirc)

I got iced with the magnum bottle ice once. Pretty sure I vomited less than 10 min later.

it's amazing that icing was a thing. also that zima existed at all

Do you dudes like sours? I can go for one on a blasted hot day spent outside but one is generally the limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back