• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread World Championships - Darling it's better down where it's wetter

Status
Not open for further replies.
fortunately there are like a billion youtube videos of woodcraft nuts ready to show you 1,000 ways to start a fire.

this one even stars a chick!

for further research:

to-build-a-fire.jpg

It's all about good tinder. Start with something like a cotton ball coated in Vaseline and then build up your fire starting with twigs, then a little larger sticks, etc. Make sure you give it plenty of oxygen.

Can you substitute Vaseline for Astroglide? Asking for a friend.

It's all about good tinder. Start with something like a cotton ball coated in Vaseline and then build up your fire starting with twigs, then a little larger sticks, etc. Make sure you give it plenty of oxygen.

yeah, i also carry a film canister with vaseline-cotton balls and waterproof matches.

lint is good because it catches so easily; the vaseline balls are nice because they'll burn for a while, especially if you don't pull them apart a bit

oh and don't burn rhododendron leaves/twigs, RTQ

yea, it's got some nasty stuff in it

there's some distinction between throwing it on a cool fire and throwing it on a raging hot fire that makes it safe, but you're better to just not use it altogether

it's everywhere in NC/VA so that was what they taught us as scouts

I'm not going to sit here and shill for Kaplan, but I worked in Winston when they paid to get me certified to tutor certain learning disabilities, and I was only part time. That center and most others can flex full time teachers from other cities or universities to help with individual needs. And your idea that she can teach herself would be fine if she didn't already say she's not good at teaching herself. I'm not even arguing that Kaplan is the best solution, but I think some 1 on 1 help might be.
Ok, I suppose it has changed.

I am saying that I don't think you need to learn extra things to be successful on the GRE, so there isn't a need to "teach herself" anything. but I will admit that my experience might be different than hers would be. I just have a hard time believing all the people I know who were successful enough at the GRE to get into and successfully complete PhD programs needed a lot of work to get there (or any work). The GRE just isn't that hard.

That's just a lie by the man to keep us enslaved in this prison. Don't you want to be free, RTQ? BURN THAT SHIT. SEE YOUR FUTURE.

4COvmayUGSSUE.gif

jWKKOwI67Tof6.gif

EvcYBE98wK8cE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back