• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXI - Police State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Smile tonight. Will report back on the scares.

Feels like a great fire night. Landscaping people planted my stuff yesterday so I’m pumped to spend a lot of time out there this fall!

Feels like a great fire night. Landscaping people planted my stuff yesterday so I’m pumped to spend a lot of time out there this fall!
Contractor is starting on my new deck and patio at the end of the month. I can't wait to start using my Solo stove!

Reactions: WRS
Went with an odd double feature today: Punch Drunk Love and Psycho. Each movies I haven't seen in ~15 years.

the last few pages of a chat thread prob aren't the right place to turn for this question, but i'm curious about the kinds of visual decisions a director makes in a film like psycho vs the DP. like, norman bates leaning over the camera craning his neck is an especially creepy look, is hitchcock setting up that shot exactly how he wants it or is that the camera operator/director of photography taking the lead?

the last few pages of a chat thread prob aren't the right place to turn for this question, but i'm curious about the kinds of visual decisions a director makes in a film like psycho vs the DP. like, norman bates leaning over the camera craning his neck is an especially creepy look, is hitchcock setting up that shot exactly how he wants it or is that the camera operator/director of photography taking the lead?
I'd say the set up of that type of shot is intentional on the part of the director. Like Tarantino's trunk shots.

Don't know the answer hut you're welcome to ask. OGBros helping OGBros

Contractor is starting on my new deck and patio at the end of the month. I can't wait to start using my Solo stove!
Awesome! Nothing better than a great crisp fire night. Not a damn cloud in the sky right now.

My fire pit is a mess, despite liner, gravel, and rocks, weeds somehow grew in it, guess life finds a way, until I burn it to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back