• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a really solid interview with a guy at a different company today. Kind of refreshing to speak with someone from the northeast who was so straight forward about what he was looking for in the role, and why he was looking at me for the position. Now I am all in my head about, whether or not I was too excited for the role and maybe didn't answer his questions as well as I could have.

Its much easier when you both just realize its not the right fit and you don't have to worry about it. This is why I was bad at dating as well.

Props. Stay out of your head (if you can). Focus on the learning experience. Had those same thoughts last summer when I was interviewing.

Venue was fucking stellar. He's not my favorite, but his vibe meshed with the venue very well.

Right on. I'm biased toward the venue, but I feel like Red Rocks brings out a kind of magic in every show. Its a venue that works just as well for Brandi Carlisle as it does for Widespread Panic.

Had a really solid interview with a guy at a different company today. Kind of refreshing to speak with someone from the northeast who was so straight forward about what he was looking for in the role, and why he was looking at me for the position. Now I am all in my head about, whether or not I was too excited for the role and maybe didn't answer his questions as well as I could have.

Its much easier when you both just realize its not the right fit and you don't have to worry about it. This is why I was bad at dating as well.

Hang in there man; interviewing is a grind. I've had about 15 interviews in the last 2 months and still looking for the right fit; takes a lot out of you to overthink it if you're also working at the same time. I might be getting close on a couple of interesting opportunities.

J. Crew joggers are back on sale for $17 for the next day or so. Missed it last time. Just a little public service announcement.

J. Crew joggers are back on sale for $17 for the next day or so. Missed it last time. Just a little public service announcement.

why do you LIE??? Look out of stock except for women's or kids

Right on. I'm biased toward the venue, but I feel like Red Rocks brings out a kind of magic in every show. Its a venue that works just as well for Brandi Carlisle as it does for Widespread Panic.

WSMFP will be the next one up there I try to make. Before the are to old and don't bang like they use to.

Ep 5 of Moon Knight is by far and away the best Marvel anything holy shit what a fucking episode

I'm looking forward to the show up there on Saturday night fo sho.

I'm going tomorrow (5/12) for Billy Strings - so hyped to see him there. Saturday is Turnpike Troubadours, right? Weather looking very good for shows over the next couple of weeks.

WSMFP will be the next one up there I try to make. Before the are to old and don't bang like they use to.

It's a fucking party. I'm not that big a fan, but I caught a Friday night show there a couple of years ago (first time seeing them, no less) and it was wild. They rocked it hard - I wouldn't wait too many more years, JB is getting old.

We're homebasing in Antigua for the Acatenango hike. Have been thinking about hanging in Guat City for a bit but heard it can be kinda sketchy even for two decent sized dudes. There for four days. Your advice would be to hit up Pacaya since it's so close to Antigua after the Acatenango overnight?

I was there at least 20 years ago - and yeah, I wouldn't spend much if any time in Guate City. It's crowded, smoggy, and not overly safe. Or at least that was the case back then. I was visiting a buddy that had married into a wealthy Guatemalan family, and the couple of days we were at their house in the city (on a street with an armed guard gate), we really didn't venture out. Played golf at the GCC (guarded with dudes with machine guns) and ran to the grocery store (guarded by dudes with machine guns). Antigua definitely has a much safer (though more touristy) feel - don't recall machine guns there. And Lake Atitlan is really beautiful. Again, that was 20 years or so ago, which put it 20 years closer to the end of their long civil war, so some things may be a little better now. However, it did seem that outside of Guate City was safer than in it.

Really pathetic that you people don't like Guatemala City, as it has great food and it's own distinct and exciting culture. You should be able to have fun anywhere. Please check your privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back