• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antigua is good wander around city

I can't remember any specific spots that are must-see, but it's a nice vibe

one of my visits there was during Semana Santa where they do the sawdust carpets in the streets and that was pretty cool

husky brought it up and it won't work for your trip, but semuc champay is defs a cool spot for those that find themselves in guate

Man, this is lil sad because I had a buddy hyping it up. We basically have one free afternoon in Antigua from about noon till bed. The rest of it is booked up with hikes of one kind or another.

We do have a 4 hour layover in Orlando. Yay

Day 1: Arrive, check in, chill in Antigua and try not to get drunk because we have to hike the next day
Day 2:Acatenango overnight
Day 3: Acatenango descent, shuttle to Pacaya hike, Hike Pacaya
Day 4: Lake Atilan tour, Dinner back in Antigua
Day 5: Bounce

Mako; do you travel with your backpacking food and stove fuel or do you purchase locally?

Antigua is good wander around city

I can't remember any specific spots that are must-see, but it's a nice vibe

one of my visits there was during Semana Santa where they do the sawdust carpets in the streets and that was pretty cool

husky brought it up and it won't work for your trip, but semuc champay is defs a cool spot for those that find themselves in guate

If the food's kinda meh, anything I should try or avoid?

in antigua i'm sure you'll be fine

most of the "meh" food is the more traditional caldos and whatnot that are just whatever -- most of the spots in old city antigua will have something good, I would bet

the best street food for me was the tortilla de arena and elote, which are mexican

I remember having good ceviche in antigua

4 hour layover in MCO? Time to hit the airport Macaroni Grill!

Mako; do you travel with your backpacking food and stove fuel or do you purchase locally?

Be purchasing locally on this one. Flying spirit and having to get everything as a carryon. Plus I don't think they'd let me carry my fuel and stove on the plane.

santa-claus-is-coming-9264584.png

finally booked the 2 week trip to london and paris with wife and 20 month old in june, been planning for a while

gonna stay in camden instead of shoreditch since i'm only in the office a halfday @wakephan09, little man can hang in belsize park, walk the locks in camden, easy jaunt up to the heath or back down into town, maybe relive my college days and get some mescaline and go into the market and bug out

haven't picked where we're staying in paris yet, but probably gonna do it right, stay in le marais

finally booked the 2 week trip to london and paris with wife and 20 month old in june, been planning for a while

gonna stay in camden instead of shoreditch since i'm only in the office a halfday @wakephan09, little man can hang in belsize park, walk the locks in camden, easy jaunt up to the heath or back down into town, maybe relive my college days and get some mescaline and go into the market and bug out

haven't picked where we're staying in paris yet, but probably gonna do it right, stay in le marais

Are you really getting a business trip paid for and only showing up in the office for one half day? Because if so that is amazing.

I am sure I don't have to tell you but London is the perfect city for not having an itinerary, pretty much everywhere you go has something worth seeing.

And by comparison, summer trips are looking like Florida, NH, and Shreveport. I really miss living in Europe when things are open. Not the Covid times, that was terrible, but the 50 dollar weekend flight days, those were nice.

Are you really getting a business trip paid for and only showing up in the office for one half day? Because if so that is amazing.

I am sure I don't have to tell you but London is the perfect city for not having an itinerary, pretty much everywhere you go has something worth seeing.

Yea my company has a benefit that every 5 years of service they pay for 2 round trip tickets to any city where we have an office (Los Angeles, DC, London; after 10 years the list goes up to Singapore, Delhi, Melbourne), plus a $2000 travel stipend and an extra week vacation. And the only expectation is that you spend a half day in the office in that city, meant for you to meet new ppl and see what the office is like.

So we're on the hook for food and lodging, but it's a pretty great deal. Wish Chase would let you use points for AirBNB, cause I'd prefer that to a hotel with a toddler unless we book a suite with a second room or something.

Pumped about Camden. I stayed in Worrell House in college, and the area is a lot different today, almost 15 years later. Regent's Park, the Camden Locks and Market, Belsize Park, going up to the Heath and hanging in the lovely Hampstead, etc. etc. My office is in Shoreditch, so that day, my wife will take our son to Brick Lane and go vintage shopping, I'll go in for lunch and the afternoon, we'll head to the pub, maybe hit up Dishoom for bomb ass Indian food and then head home.

Almost 10 days in Paris to follow. Not taking a car seat, gonna rely on the umbrella stroller and metro/underground, where London and Paris have elite coverage and reliability.

Really happy about it overall. I know some people would think of that much travel with a toddler as a huge headache, and parts of it will be. I know he won't remember it too. But it'll be a really special and fun trip, mostly just hanging in new parks and playgrounds and eating awesome food.

Almost 10 days in Paris to follow. Not taking a car seat, gonna rely on the umbrella stroller and metro/underground, where London and Paris have elite coverage and reliability.

Great perk to have.

Really happy about it overall. I know some people would think of that much travel with a toddler as a huge headache, and parts of it will be. I know he won't remember it too. But it'll be a really special and fun trip, mostly just hanging in new parks and playgrounds and eating awesome food.

Travelling with them young is great (except Utah where most bar/restaurants wont let you in). You miss out on the night life stuff, but other than that it really motivates you to walk more and be on the move. I am hoping to make the switch from the Uppababy to the umbrella soon, it is much easier for travel.

Very ballsy to go without the carseat. The train from CDG to Paris takes forever.

I am amazed on a daily basis by the perks all you mediocre white men receive for working in the private sector.

I am amazed on a daily basis by the perks all you mediocre white men receive for working in the private sector.

well I was amazed at reading that one too. That's....uncommon

Travelling with them young is great (except Utah where most bar/restaurants wont let you in). You miss out on the night life stuff, but other than that it really motivates you to walk more and be on the move. I am hoping to make the switch from the Uppababy to the umbrella soon, it is much easier for travel.

Very ballsy to go without the carseat. The train from CDG to Paris takes forever.

We'll take the (~2 hr) train from London into Paris (Camden walkable to St Pancras/King's Cross ftw), and le Marais is only 15 min from Gare du Nord. But yea the train from the city to CDG isn't the best. Might hire a car with a carseat and pay the premium rather than hauling one around just to use it once.

well I was amazed at reading that one too. That's....uncommon

our HR is outstanding, our benefits are what make our company amazing to work for

staff retention is hard, but i think our company gets it right

/nothumblebrag

And by comparison, summer trips are looking like Florida, NH, and Shreveport. I really miss living in Europe when things are open. Not the Covid times, that was terrible, but the 50 dollar weekend flight days, those were nice.

London is better than New Orleans.

had a meeting the other day and this dude was there who was masked -- pretty handsome fella

took his mask off and had the weakest of chins and it threw off his whole look -- dude was defs a beneficiary of mask culture

had a meeting the other day and this dude was there who was masked -- pretty handsome fella

took his mask off and had the weakest of chins and it threw off his whole look -- dude was defs a beneficiary of mask culture

Goatee would work too prolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back