• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had a desire to visit GB or Ireland. I don't know why. I don't really have anything against it, but it has never been on my list of places to go. I have a mental image of it being muddy, rainy and cold. If I just visit the British Virgin Islands and eat some fish and chips, does that count?

Pumped about Camden. I stayed in Worrell House in college, and the area is a lot different today, almost 15 years later. Regent's Park, the Camden Locks and Market, Belsize Park, going up to the Heath and hanging in the lovely Hampstead, etc. etc. My office is in Shoreditch, so that day, my wife will take our son to Brick Lane and go vintage shopping, I'll go in for lunch and the afternoon, we'll head to the pub, maybe hit up Dishoom for bomb ass Indian food and then head home.
I said this to you on slack, but I think you'll find Kentish Town much more your speed these days than Camden or even Belsize Park. I've never really felt very at home in Belsize Park, but Kentish Town seems like it's filled with young, hip families like yours.

But I haven't been back since before covid, so who knows!

Townie, you should def do a Jack the Ripper tour. I enjoyed that last time I was in London.

buncha $10 million dollar homes in Orange County went up in flames yesterday

Just had lunch from Duke's BBQ in Beaufort, SC, and damn if it might not immediately be in my top 3-5 BBQ spots. Only open Thurs-Fri. Got a pulled pork sandwich, half spicy/half mild bbq sauce (no mustard FTW), mac n cheese and butter beans. Massive amount of food for $7.99. One of the best sandwiches I've had, and 0% dry, even without the sauce. I want to go back and do the buffet like even more of a fatty.

I could get used to this "digital nomad" life. We were in HHI for my mom's birthday & mother's day last weekend and have a wedding in Charleston this coming weekend, so we just decided to work remote and explore the Beaufort area this week, vs. drive back and forth to CLT. Only real downside was not being able to make it work with the dogs, so the ~$750 boarding bill is really going to suck.

I have never had a desire to visit GB or Ireland. I don't know why. I don't really have anything against it, but it has never been on my list of places to go. I have a mental image of it being muddy, rainy and cold. If I just visit the British Virgin Islands and eat some fish and chips, does that count?

Dublin ya, but the Irish countryside is so friggin green and the Cliffs of Moher are astounding, as well as all the culture stuff and small towns.

GB is my jam, thats the place where I wish I had spent my 20s and still hope to spend some of my 40s. The history is everywhere you look and the cities and towns all have their own charm.

I understand its not everyone's kind of thing, but if you did a week in the summer or early fall incorporating both, I think you would have an excellent time.

Just had lunch from Duke's BBQ in Beaufort, SC, and damn if it might not immediately be in my top 3-5 BBQ spots. Only open Thurs-Fri. Got a pulled pork sandwich, half spicy/half mild bbq sauce (no mustard FTW), mac n cheese and butter beans. Massive amount of food for $7.99. One of the best sandwiches I've had, and 0% dry, even without the sauce. I want to go back and do the buffet like even more of a fatty.

I could get used to this "digital nomad" life. We were in HHI for my mom's birthday & mother's day last weekend and have a wedding in Charleston this coming weekend, so we just decided to work remote and explore the Beaufort area this week, vs. drive back and forth to CLT. Only real downside was not being able to make it work with the dogs, so the ~$750 boarding bill is really going to suck.

Yeah, if you can make the digital nomad thing work it can be pretty clutch. Just opens up vacation/life/exploring possibilities

I had been meaning to get a new iPod touch for running but with Apple announcement that they are retiring - what is another good option? Would want something that can Bluetooth pair with AirPods and play podcasts/music

I had been meaning to get a new iPod touch for running but with Apple announcement that they are retiring - what is another good option? Would want something that can Bluetooth pair with AirPods and play podcasts/music

Have you tried your phone?

I legit didn't know Ipods were still a thing, and I can't embed a tweet.

Dublin ya, but the Irish countryside is so friggin green and the Cliffs of Moher are astounding, as well as all the culture stuff and small towns.

GB is my jam, thats the place where I wish I had spent my 20s and still hope to spend some of my 40s. The history is everywhere you look and the cities and towns all have their own charm.

I understand its not everyone's kind of thing, but if you did a week in the summer or early fall incorporating both, I think you would have an excellent time.

Yeah Ireland is great. Dublin is one of those cities where I’m probably done with it unless visiting with my son one day. Same with Rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back