• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panic at Red Rocks is on the bucket list. Lotta other artists I’d love to see there.

I'm going tomorrow (5/12) for Billy Strings - so hyped to see him there. Saturday is Turnpike Troubadours, right? Weather looking very good for shows over the next couple of weeks.

It's a fucking party. I'm not that big a fan, but I caught a Friday night show there a couple of years ago (first time seeing them, no less) and it was wild. They rocked it hard - I wouldn't wait too many more years, JB is getting old.

Billy should be a helluva time. You see bud Nashville setlists with Bobby and Claypool sitting in? He also sat in with Primus the next night. He just announced another 3-night Halloween run here which I’m pumped for.

Really pathetic that you people don't like Guatemala City, as it has great food and it's own distinct and exciting culture. You should be able to have fun anywhere. Please check your privilege.

Hey - Guatemala Country Club was pretty nice! Had fun teeing it up there.

I'm going tomorrow (5/12) for Billy Strings - so hyped to see him there. Saturday is Turnpike Troubadours, right? Weather looking very good for shows over the next couple of weeks.

It's a fucking party. I'm not that big a fan, but I caught a Friday night show there a couple of years ago (first time seeing them, no less) and it was wild. They rocked it hard - I wouldn't wait too many more years, JB is getting old.

Wait shit, Billy Strings is on Friday night? Might have to convince my buddy to go back to back nights.

Saw Billy Strings at Rooster Walk a couple years back, would love to do it again.

Really pathetic that you people don't like Guatemala City, as it has great food and it's own distinct and exciting culture. You should be able to have fun anywhere. Please check your privilege.

I mean if you can get shot outside your apartment at the epicenter might as well get shot with better food options.

How about them Guatemala City beaches?!?

Where do y’all stand on Clarence Carter? I feel like he’s on the Mount Rushmore of under appreciated R&B singers.

Billy should be a helluva time. You see bud Nashville setlists with Bobby and Claypool sitting in? He also sat in with Primus the next night. He just announced another 3-night Halloween run here which I’m pumped for.

Yes - in fact I watched most of the stream on Sunday night when he brought out Ronnie McCoury and Marty Stuart as well.

Wait shit, Billy Strings is on Friday night? Might have to convince my buddy to go back to back nights.

Saw Billy Strings at Rooster Walk a couple years back, would love to do it again.

Yeah, Strings is doing Thursday/Friday at Red Rocks and then Sunday night at the Mission Ballroom which is where I saw him last fall. Going to be a an expensive ticket, but he's doing pretty cool shit these days so worth it if you've got nothing else going on.

Southern Identity projects today in Honors class means soooooo much dank food at 8am. I'm working on a plate of fried chicken, sweet potato rolls, mac and cheese, banana pudding, sausage balls, biscuits and gravy, collard greens, cabbage and cobbler right now. I'm gonna be worthless for the rest of the day.

Ya boy finally got an offer. Salt Lake City sounds pretty exciting.

Best skiing I've ever had in my life was in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Three feet of fresh snow at Brighton and so few people there I didn't cross a track that I didn't make until after lunch. I dodged a few so I could say that, but still.

Best skiing I've ever had in my life was in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Three feet of fresh snow at Brighton and so few people there I didn't cross a track that I didn't make until after lunch. I dodged a few so I could say that, but still.

I’m going to have to really improve my skiing until I feel confident enough out there. Was going to go while we were up in Portland in March but we decided we’d rather drink our way around the city instead of spending $200+ and 4+ hours on the road

Any of y'all ever traveled in Guatemala? Juice? Any recs or advice? Anything about Guatemala City?

spent seven months in Guatemala like 12 years ago -- spent about four hours total in Guatemala City

what is your set-in-stone itinerary and how much non-planned time do you have?

Ya boy finally got an offer. Salt Lake City sounds pretty exciting.

Congrats dude! I go out once a month for work a few days - happy to meet up for a 5% draft (Mormon alcohol laws) some time. If you're into outdoor things, I can't think of many big(ish) cities in the country with more options. Some of the best skiing in the world 30 min away, awesome hikes, endless mountain biking trails, fly fishing, lots of lakes for boating (though they need water bad), lots of wildlife.

I had a bunch of morning meetings canceled on 4/13, skied in almost 2 feet of powder at Snowbird from 9-12 AM until I was exhausted, drove back to the office in less than 30 min, and worked the rest of the day. Really made me want to move out there for a few years.

guatemala does not have good food

Pretty sad that you were there for seven months and ate at Taco Bell everyday.

guatemala does not have good food

Man, this is lil sad because I had a buddy hyping it up. We basically have one free afternoon in Antigua from about noon till bed. The rest of it is booked up with hikes of one kind or another.

We do have a 4 hour layover in Orlando. Yay

Day 1: Arrive, check in, chill in Antigua and try not to get drunk because we have to hike the next day
Day 2:Acatenango overnight
Day 3: Acatenango descent, shuttle to Pacaya hike, Hike Pacaya
Day 4: Lake Atilan tour, Dinner back in Antigua
Day 5: Bounce

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back