• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ChatThreadCXVIII: the more flesh color a carrot is, the more likely it is your finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some stuff for the business online last week. It arrived and was too small. I find a sheet of paper in the box that says "To return, please contact (phone or email) customer service, fill out the return label on the packing slip, and mail from you local USPS location." Here's the problem, they didn't include a packing slip in my order. So I email them and ask for instructions and include that they did not include a packing slip with my order.

Here is the response I just got via email:
Thank you for contacting us. You can return the items for a refund for a refund to your credit card. We do not reimburse shipping costs as stated in our return policy. All items are to be returned in their original inner packaging.

Please place a copy of your original packing slip inside each box to be returned. Indicate the reason for return and the item quantities being returned.

We are unable to offer automatic exchanges. If you need to exchange your product for something else, please place a new order for the product you need and await your return credit separately.

Did they miss the part in my email that said "A packing slip was not included in the box with my order."

Is it a safe assumption that despite our poor performances on the field, tailgates will continue to roll strong?

I really want to make the trip to Winston for a game, but I'm certainly not going for the quality of play on the field.

Most of us are honestly hanging out during the game this season. I know quite a few regulars who bough parking passes only.

tsy has been rebuilding the Grassy Knoll tailgate trailer and it should make first appearance at the NC State game. I am excited for a full on tailgate! I think tailgates will be better than ever since they will last longer... since fewer people are going in for the game.

NCSU should be pretty good. There are a ton of people coming in, and it'll be the first game we're back to full power. The tailgate trailer is sleek and black, but I need to find a way to get some old gold coloring on it.

From a parent's perspective (and the post was about what her parent's thought about her racing), if my child was out of college and still playing tackle football, despite repeatedly suffering injuries, I wouldn't be happy. Personally, I think cycling is more dangerous than football. I saw, and experienced, far more serious injuries cycling than when I played football. But I get that lbe is driven and seems to need the competition, that it's about more than an endorphin rush.

Thanks, I wasn't trying to put you down for being competitive.

I mean, there's a cost/benefit to any activity out there. I get enough enjoyment out of training and racing that the risk of injury is worth it to me. My parents understand me as a person and support activities that make me happy and healthy... so there's no need for them to be upset that I'm racing. Sure, they worry, but they worry always because they're my parents. I also wouldn't say I'm 'repeatedly suffering injuries'... those things happened, but it's not like I'm getting beat up every single trip out and still coming back for more. Those incidents were anomalies in a fairly benign hobby (that has risks, which I recognize). The competition is not about the endorphin rush... it's about putting my training to use. I train so I can race and improve. Like I said, that's the point of my training. I struggled with 'exercising' in high school/college in that I became obsessed with the numbers (calories burned, time, etc)... training FOR something is how I'm able to do something healthy for myself, but with the understanding that the work I'm doing and the food I'm eating is for a particular end result. Instead of thinking the food is holding me back from achieving the best numbers (exercise), the food is fueling my body so I can train and improve (training). Hooray body issues.

I didn't think you were putting me down for being competitive.

Oh man its samples time again in our break room. Thing is filled with cheese, cookies, cupcakes and all kinds of other shit our Clubs of the Month brand sends out.

Note to Brasky, you will not be losing any lbs during the last week of every month.

So the three people in line in front of me today at lunch all paid with cash. I remember years ago when those debit card commercials started airing about the line at the lunch place coming to a screeching halt when someone paid cash and thinking that it was overdramatic. Well I have changed my tune. It was unbearable watching these three people fumble around for bills and change. Probably only took 60 seconds longer in the aggregate, but it made me hate them like poison.

My mom pays with checks at the grocery store, and she overpays the check so she gets cash back from the cashier. :rulz:. She has rewards credit cards, she knows she can earn money by using plastic. I even taught her my habit of writing each credit card's 5% quarterly reward category on a slip of paper in the wallet so you can be sure to use the right one at gas stations or grocery stores to maximize rewards.

My mom pays with checks at the grocery store, and she overpays the check so she gets cash back from the cashier. :rulz:. She has rewards credit cards, she knows she can earn money by using plastic. I even taught her my habit of writing each credit card's 5% quarterly reward category on a slip of paper in the wallet so you can be sure to use the right one at gas stations or grocery stores to maximize rewards.

A check? For real? That's turrible. I can't remember the last check I wrote for anything. I'm not sure I could even find my checkbook at this point.

A check? For real? That's turrible. I can't remember the last check I wrote for anything. I'm not sure I could even find my checkbook at this point.

Oh look who has his own house with his fancy mortgage electronic payment system

Hannah's Bretzel in Chicago makes some bomb ass pretzel bread sammiches
l.jpg

speaking of which, i could really go for a bay cities sammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back