• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Congrats to the only non-bandwagoner on here - DaDeacs.

Interesting take. What did Cleveland do that would earn this comment? Being happy about winning its first championship in several decades?

Nothing. If the Cubs lost, I would've been upset, but I would've been happy for Cleveland. Can't hate the Indians.

Interesting take. What did Cleveland do that would earn this comment? Being happy about winning its first championship in several decades?

They ran the 3-1 joke into the ground. Bron put it on cookies for godsakes

Holy shit that was a fantastic series.

What a season for the ages for the Cubbies.

A Red Sox fan I know just posted: "Wow, I had no idea every single person in the world was a Cubs fan. Social media is so eye-opening... "

Dude. Have some self awareness, please.

They ran the 3-1 joke into the ground. Bron put it on cookies for godsakes

Cookies, championship rings, Halloween decorations. It was one of the biggest sports memes over the last 3 months.

A Red Sox fan I know just posted: "Wow, I had no idea every single person in the world was a Cubs fan. Social media is so eye-opening... "

Dude. Have some self awareness, please.

Yea like the Red Sox need some jerk named Theo Epstein to help them break a long title drought. They do it entirely on heart.

Cookies, championship rings, Halloween decorations. It was one of the biggest sports memes over the last 3 months.

Cavs/LeBron did that stuff - not Cleveland fans. I just feel bad for Cleveland fans. The Cavs winning made everyone forget they've been a sports punching bag for so long, and now they are right back there five months later.

Maddon was 100% bailed out by the Cub's youth and talent last night. If Cleveland scratches out a run in the 9th or tacks another one on in the 8th, the story for the Cubs would be Maddon's poor decision-making.

He's still one of the best managers in the game, but he dodged a serious bullet.

Back