• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

It's been discussed but I'm beyond excited for the David Ross era. I was always a big Maddon fan but Ross is a great get.

Excited to watch Kyle get back to work tonight.

I'll be tuning in for the opener tonight, even considering $40 for the out of market Cubs MLB package. 60 games is the perfect amount for my attention span.

Cubs are gonna face Woodruff in the opener. Haven't seen a lineup, but with a righty, assume that means Kip at 2nd, JHey in RF. Schwarbs will either be LF or DH - guessing LF and they let Caratini DH.

Hoerner gets the opening day start at 2nd. Awesome - want him to have a great year.

KB
Riz
Baez
Schwarber
Contreras
Heyward
Caratini
Hoerner
Happ

Let's go.

I'll be tuning in for the opener tonight, even considering $40 for the out of market Cubs MLB package. 60 games is the perfect amount for my attention span.

I'm definitely intrigued to see what the interest level is across the board. I think the 60 games plus expanded playoffs are going to entice a lot of people that the traditional 162 game season hasn't brought in for a while.

When 8 of 15 teams are gonna make the playoffs I'd say not a huge reason to follow the regular season in great detail. Central should be competitive though, IIRC the Reds are on the up so four at least non-shit teams in our division

When 8 of 15 teams are gonna make the playoffs I'd say not a huge reason to follow the regular season in great detail. Central should be competitive though, IIRC the Reds are on the up so four at least non-shit teams in our division

Reds are in the same boat as the Cubs. Good named starters, but they need to pitch well. Bauer, Castillo, Gray, Miley all have the potential to be top line starters, but need to be consistent.

I just meant with 60 games played in pretty close quarters to one another it's not like it requires any major feat to follow it closely - compared to the 162 game season that spreads out for the entire summer. I've heard from several people that they're more inclined to follow more closely with the setup MLB has currently. Now to what degree the "no sports overall up to now" has on this, who knows?

Ross showed well tonight. He let Hendricks finish a 3 hit shutout. Even walked to the mound, then returned to the dugout when Hendricks, Contreras and Rizzo all nodded yes to his question. A message to the pitching staff.

Glad to see Hoerner at 2B.

Thought Rossy handled Hendricks really well, and really enjoyed the Maddox comparisons. With a 60 game schedule that evens out to around 12 total starts in the regular season. May as well ride your workhorses as long as you can. Also happy to see Happ start of the season right.

Middle relief was lousy this afternoon. At least Brothers and Maples looked decent, if somewhat erratic.

Bryant and Heyward have combined for 16 outs and 10 runners left on base out of the gate. Everyone else has a hit.

Chatwood looked really good today - that spin rate is insane when it's working. Just never know. If they can keep the ball in the park, they have a chance. Now to see Lester and Mills in cincy.

Hoerner looks like he belongs and last year wasn't a fluke. Contreras might be this years Cub that makes a run at the MVP.

Game is still on schedule for today, but the Reds supposedly have a few rona cases and some people are worried after the Marlins outbreak. Moose is out, Senzel is out, some other dude tested positive. Willy is bringing his own sheets and pillows on the road.

Predictions on how long the season lasts?

I dunno - I guess however long players want to keep risking it.

Cubs facing a lefty tonight and Ross puts out the "make sure everyone has a chance to start" lineup.

Bryant - LF
Riz - 1B
Baez - SS
Schwarbs - DH
Willy - C
Souza - RF
Bote - 3B
Nico - 2B
Almora - CF

Back