• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

White Sox are offering $1 tickets and free packing to their game tomorrow against the DBacks, so I suspect there will be a number of Cubs fans making the trip down.

Any manager on earth is going to bank on his team defending a big lead with their ace on the bump. It isn’t like he removed Andre Dawson from the offense. I understand you viewpoint. I just disagree. My wife noted on the double that went over Tauchman's head that PCA might have gotten to it. I thought that was crazy, but then I saw the replay and had to concede that maybe she was right. It isn't that Tauchman is bad out there in CF either. It's just no one has range like PCA in the entire system.
To me, what made the move odd was the timing. Top of the fourth with the score 4-0. That seems early to be making a defense oriented substitution. I see in the summary PCA was thrown out trying to steal home after pinch running for Tauchman. Anyone see that? Straight steal attempt or trying to score on a pitch that got away from the catcher?

To me, what made the move odd was the timing. Top of the fourth with the score 4-0. That seems early to be making a defense oriented substitution. I see in the summary PCA was thrown out trying to steal home after pinch running for Tauchman. Anyone see that? Straight steal attempt or trying to score on a pitch that got away from the catcher?

Runners on the corners with PCA on third. Runner at first stole second, Braves catcher faked the throw to 2nd, and then got PCA in a rundown between 3rd and home.

Runners on the corners with PCA on third. Runner at first stole second, Braves catcher faked the throw to 2nd, and then got PCA in a rundown between 3rd and home.
And that was after the Cubs took second on a similar play and the Braves did throw towards second and cut it off. To me PCA had to be more aware that they'd concede second base there. I think there were two outs at the time.

And that was after the Cubs took second on a similar play and the Braves did throw towards second and cut it off. To me PCA had to be more aware that they'd concede second base there. I think there were two outs at the time.
Oof, my HS ball coach would have made us run laps for that kind of shit

Tonight's game may be the most important of the season. If the Cubs bounce back and win tonight, yesterday's game will be in the rearview mirror and everyone can exhale. If they lose, the pressure mounts and history takes center stage. It's all about momentum.

Glad to see Candelario at first base and Bellinger back in CF. Mastrobuoni has been red hot at the plate, hitting .550 the past week and .368 since the All Star game.

Last edited:
We needed the 2nd run and Mastroboni couldn’t make contact. And then PCA trying hero ball. Kid probably shouldn’t be playing so much in a tight race.

Anyway got out of it but man…

d5b65b8252d743b67913aa08818dc09c.jpg

Back