• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

Hammel has been fantastic this year. Last night's game was a fun one to watch and you sort of feel bad for Greinke who is winless over his last eight starts despite posting a 1.99 ERA. That's crazy.

They aren't trading Sale yet when he's under contract through 2019.

Agreed. They have an ace locked up for years on an affordable deal. He's not going anywhere. He's probably the only guy on the White Sox that isn't up for sale at the right price.

Ms. NOT HOT said only the Giants have a better record vs. +.500 opps than ourselves.

Early days yet but as it stands it'd be a huge shame if the NL Central had to beat up on each other to earn one spot in the NLCS

Yeah if it stays as is it would be the NL Central in one pod and then West v. East in the other.

A Cubs-Cards NLDS would be epic.

I think the Cubs should part with Castro if they decide to make any moves. Probably has lost some trade value at this point though.

They aren't trading Sale yet when he's under contract through 2019.

Right, thats why I said dream scenario - and the idea has been floated enough that it is potentially possible, but I don't think we are willing to trade what it would take to get there,

I think the Cubs should part with Castro if they decide to make any moves. Probably has lost some trade value at this point though.

I think his year so far makes him even less of trade bait than he was - no one is going to give him the value Epstein would be looking for. He's a 25 year old with 3 AS games, in his 6 full seasons, 919 hits and is on a 4/$40 deal right now. Lots of value, just having a bad year so far.

And at least he's coming up with some big hits and it seems like his teammates like him, as far as I can tell

I think his year so far makes him even less of trade bait than he was - no one is going to give him the value Epstein would be looking for. He's a 25 year old with 3 AS games, in his 6 full seasons, 919 hits and is on a 4/$40 deal right now. Lots of value, just having a bad year so far.

+1. Castro has served as the target of fan frustration the past five years. Some criticism is deserved, most is not deserved. In the past two weeks he supplied the GWRBI on three occasions. He is one of four players on this years team with more hits than games played. Yet, most of us would say he is having a bad year. He has achieved that result every year of his career. There aren't many players in MLB that have achieved that level of consistency over the past 5.5 years. If it's not broke ...don't fix it.

Just cause I was bored and looked it up, Castro has the 6th highest chance of any active MLB player to get to 3,000 hits according to the Bill James favorite toy - behind Suzuki, Pooholes, Beltre, Cabrera and Trout at 24%. Crazy. He basically needs to average 160 hits over the next 12 years to get there (he would be 37) - that seems very doable assuming he keeps a starting job late into his 30's.

More bored posting because Im on the left coast, supposedly Papelbon has told the Phils he wants to be traded to the Cubs - hopefully they take a cheap deal.

It's a four-game set, but who am I to cramp Brasky's style

Hendricks maybe in a bit of a rut. Happens even to our studs

Been an entertaining game throughout.

Would be nice to get Bryant on base here too. Rizzo just walked on four pitches down 4-2, two outs in the 7th.

Cubs lose 5-2. Hendricks gives up a solo HR and a three run HR early and the offense can't bring Cubs back. It would be good to see Lester get a win tomorrow.

Lester can't find the strike zone in the first. Gave up a bunt single to Rollins and walked the bases loaded. One down - get out of the jam here Jon.

And he definitely didn't - hung one straight down the middle. Lester hasn't looked solid lately at all. 2-0 Dodgers

Back