• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chick-fil-A President Reiterates/Clarifies Anti-Gay Stance

Dan Cathy ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, I've met him a couple of times.

Def a blowhard.

I don't eat at Chick Fil A much anymore because I think their quality of food has gone down significantly. I believe they have over reached, much like Krispy Kreme did and expanded too quickly, thereby losing the excellent quality control they used to have. I'd much rather eat a chicken sandwich at Wendys, Zaxbys or even Krystal.

Dan Cathy ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, I've met him a couple of times.

Def a blowhard.

I don't eat at Chick Fil A much anymore because I think their quality of food has gone down significantly. I believe they have over reached, much like Krispy Kreme did and expanded too quickly, thereby losing the excellent quality control they used to have. I'd much rather eat a chicken sandwich at Wendys, Zaxbys or even Krystal.

What? That's just crazy talk.

CFA's whacky antics are starting to lose me:

http://gizmodo.com/5928926/chick+fil+a-got-caught-pretending-to-be-a-fake-teenage-girl-on-facebook

Just stop if Chik Fil A. Hate the gays if you must, but stop this silly retribution and spin control.

So delicious though. This has truly become one of the tougher moral quandries I've ever faced.

Ok, but really CFA...stick your owner back in the board room or on a golf course, tell him to STFU, and just make delicious sammiches.

The PR people at CFA are definitely taking the Lord's name in vain this week. "Cathy said WHAT? GOD DAMMIT!"

What? That's just crazy talk.

The QC depends on which place you go to...the 3 CFAs in my part of Atlanta just aren't that good.

Plus they've changed how they make their sweet tea, I'm convinced they are using splenda now and its DISGUSTING.

you realize that every chick-fil-a is individually owned, right? seems weird that ones in ATL wouldn't have the best food quality though, HQ has to be right around the corner.

you realize that every chick-fil-a is individually owned, right? seems weird that ones in ATL wouldn't have the best food quality though, HQ has to be right around the corner.

That surprised me as well. The Wendy's literally around the corner from corporate in Dublin, Ohio is no joke in terms of service and quality.

At Chick-Fil-A now. They had two girls out at both drive thrus to handle the rush. Got a #1 combo with lemonade and Chick-Fil-A sauce. They have somebody standing outside to hand the food out.

Of course the problem is I didn't see that the peach milkshake is back before I ordered.

Someone needs to open a Los Pollos Hermanos. I bet they make a freaking great chicken sandwich.

NEW SAUCES?!

I remember the hullabaloo when the CFA sauce came out. Usually they are good at pimping these things.

Someone needs to open a Los Pollos Hermanos. I bet they make a freaking great chicken sandwich.

If this doesn't make you want chicken, nothing will.

El Pollo Loco < Los Pollos Hermanos

fo sho!

The fact that they are individually owned explains the reasoning behind the lack of quality control. Still there is not a better place to be served and a better place to work in the fast food industry.

yes and no.

It is independently owned, but I believe CfA corporate actually owns the land and building - the "owner" is really an operator. They have a pretty strict list of criteria for their operators including never having filed for bankruptcy, must realize this is not an investment or equity opportunity (since Chick-fil-A owns the land and restaurant) and cannot have ownership with any other businesses or a second job.

yes and no.

It is independently owned, but I believe CfA corporate actually owns the land and building - the "owner" is really an operator. They have a pretty strict list of criteria for their operators including never having filed for bankruptcy, must realize this is not an investment or equity opportunity (since Chick-fil-A owns the land and restaurant), cannot have ownership with any other businesses or a second job, and, last but not least, no homo.

FIFY

Remember upthread it was mentioned that Boston mayor Tom Menino would be writing Chik Fil A a disappoving letter.

If you've been waiting with bated breath to read that letter, wait and bate no more:

a_560x0.jpg

Back