• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Childress as the new "face' of Wake B-ball?

The 2012 Deacon Club Spring Tour will be coming to the following locations:

Los Angeles, CA- Saturday, April 21- Lucky Strike in downtown LA (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
Raleigh, NC- Wednesday, April 25 - The Capital City Club (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
Charlotte, NC- Thursday, April 26 - The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art (Special guest: Coach Jeff [Redacted])
Washington, DC- Monday, April 30 - Capitol Hill Club (Special guest: Coach Jeff [Redacted])
Statesville, NC- Tuesday, May 8 - The home of Costi & Teresa Kutteh (Special guest: Asst. Coach Rusty LaRue)
Wilmington, NC- Thursday, May 10 - Country Club of Landfall (Special guest: Asst. Coach Tom Elrod)
Richmond, VA - Thursday, May 10 - The Bull and Bear Club (Special guests: Asst. Coach Walt Corbean and Asst. Coach Jonathan Himebauch)
Asheboro, NC - Tuesday, May 15 - Pinewood Country Club (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
New York, NY - Thursday, May 17 - Harvard Club of NYC (Special guest: Randolph Childress)
Chicago, IL - Thursday, May 24 - Mid-America Club (Special guests: Dr. Hatch and Coach Jim Grobe)
Greensboro, NC - Wednesday, May 30 - The Empire Room (Special guest: Coach Jim Grobe)
Atlanta, GA - Thursday, May 31 - TBD (Special guest: Coach Jim Grobe)

These are the official large groups that are gathering. There are several smaller groups that are pending, to my understanding.

How hard is it to get into these events? I'm neither Wake alumni nor a DC member... 0%?

And given that some Bz appearances were cancelled last year, we can't really trust that he'll even show up for those 2.

Ph, do you remember which ones? Racer has yet to respond. I can't remember which one(s) he missed

I don't know for sure. I remember people saying he skipped the Charlotte one and they sent Rusty instead. Then it was found that Bz was at his beach house at the time. Somebody else can clear that up though.

Thanks. I remembered one but didn't know if there were others. Usually the Deacon Club states that the scheduled speakers are likely to change. Doesn't make it any better that he skipped out but it's not as uncommon as has been stated. How did we find out that he was at his beach house?

Ph, do you remember which ones? Racer has yet to respond. I can't remember which one(s) he missed

He skipped Charlotte for sure. Don't remember for sure about the others, and it occurred while everyone was transitioning between boards, so I'm having trouble finding a thread discussing it.

How hard is it to get into these events? I'm neither Wake alumni nor a DC member... 0%?

Probably about the same difficulty of getting into a Wake home game the past couple of years. Walk right in and flip the bird to anyone who asks you for money or a ticket.

There's no way in hell [Redacted] is going to tour the country right now and field questions from Deacon Club members, I guess Chill is the next best choice.

They're so dumb about other things, why couldn't they be dumb about this. Might the only way to get the pitchforks and torches close enough..

Maybe the required reading for the incoming class should be The Emperor's New Clothes..

Probably about the same difficulty of getting into a Wake home game the past couple of years. Walk right in and flip the bird to anyone who asks you for money or a ticket.

I'll buy somebody a drink if they can get me into the NYC event.

Probably an upscale bowling alley like Splitsville in Tampa and soon to be at Disney World (owned by a Deac).

Ridiculous. Our asst AD should not be giving talks in place of the bball coach (or even an asst coach). Be a man, Bz (and Wellman). This just keeps getting worse. Our program is just transparently terrible.

Last year the AD gave several post game radio talks

Has Rusty been the lead recruiter for any of our guys to date? Not sure what the infatuation with him as a COACH really is.

Agreed, I've been told Rusty has not closed on any kids he has been recruiting.

Who is the "face" of next month's Coaches vs. Cancer event? I've heard some negative reviews of BZ's appearance last year.

Who is the "face" of next month's Coaches vs. Cancer event? I've heard some negative reviews of BZ's appearance last year.

Why? Was he pro-cancer?

Hey buddy...

Back