• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Childress Speaking at Raleigh Deacon Club Tour Tomorrow, 4/25

My Friend, it all depends on how one defines success. If no one else is arrested, that is one measurement of success...just not the one most folk care about.

I really don't appreciate old people with their old ideals and their old...smells.

Glad to see we're sticking to the "keep it in the thread" high road that you advocated last week, Racer.

You've clearly got an issue with Chill and his accepting this role/people disagreeing with your opinion on it, to the extent that you're willing to argue a stupid semantic point at length for the point of being able to conflate like five different points and simultaneously knock/worship Chill.

Seems like most people are reading you the same way.

You and Chill should lock yourselves in a room together until you've figured your issues out

Maybe it's just my reading comprehension being inferior to yours, but I've read his comments as criticizing Wellman and Bz for taking advantage of Chill to suit their own ends. That's not suggesting he's stupid, it's suggesting that he cares about Wake to a degree that individuals with their own agenda will take advantage of him for it. And that's sad. It's pathetic. Kinda sums up my opinions on Bz and Wellman right now.

Faircloth told me he has the same jacket I wore. Bz asked where I was from and told me about his experience living in Florida and working as an assistant to Pat Riley. I chuckled at that one.

Great name drop... I knew where he was going with it as soon as he said I used to work in Florida but I was thinking of CHEESE' MAGIC and not MY HEAT.

I will say he spoke very candidly with us which I appreciated. The same with Ron. The rest of was rehearsed. Ron preaching to us about more dollars. Trying to get my to up my donation. He did seem pumped that we told him we were season ticket holders for football though. Mentioned it when he spoke to the larger group.

The only other two big guy recruits that I can find from the Canary Islands are 6-10 Jito Kok and 6-11 Volodomyr Gerun, which are mentioned here: http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/04/lavin-headed-to-europe-to-recruit/

However, they don't seem to fit the profile like our Fordham friend does.

He actually said the kid was going to come visit and he had just visited him. No idea who it was but he did say a big man.

Maybe it's just my reading comprehension being inferior to yours, but I've read his comments as criticizing Wellman and Bz for taking advantage of Chill to suit their own ends. That's not suggesting he's stupid, it's suggesting that he cares about Wake to a degree that individuals with their own agenda will take advantage of him for it. And that's sad. It's pathetic. Kinda sums up my opinions on Bz and Wellman right now.

WINNING without COMPROMISING our VALUES

I asked him if a high character recruit along the lines of Chris who was an early entrant candidate was a good fit under our new vision. He said yes but emphasized they needed to be committed to working hard in the classroom.

Good. (Thanks for the report.)

Bz said Daniel has put on 15-20 pounds so far in the offseason. He said he thinks Andre can be a good player by the end of his sophomore season. His dad is apparently "robust" and we need him to stop growing up and start growing out. Bz says the word sophomore very strange. Almost like "soth-o-more."

Bz said Daniel has put on 15-20 pounds so far in the offseason. He said he thinks Andre can be a good player by the end of his sophomore season. His dad is apparently "robust" and we need him to stop growing up and start growing out. Bz says the word sophomore very strange. Almost like "soth-o-more."

Bz went on and on about how much weight Carson put on last summer.

... WINNING without COMPROMISING our VALUES

@bishop - Your point? (I'm not getting it. Maybe I need more coffee.)

Uh, I think someone needs to check his math:

Tony Woods
Melvin Tabb
Ty Walker
Ari Stewart
JT Terrell

Who's the 6th?

(And, besides Walker staying with the program, Stewart was arrested almost a year after leaving Wake)

ETA: guess i should have read the next page.

I did read the next page and did not see anything to answer your question. Who's the 6th?

And the follow up question is: How many of them were arrested AFTER being exposed to Jeff [Redacted]'s "culture"?

Last edited:
I did read the next page and did not see anything to answer your question. Who's the 6th?

And the follow up question is: How many of them were arrested AFTER being exposed to Jeff [Redacted]'s "culture"?

Well, we have pretty much decided that Bzz was including Gary Clark, which is even more absurd then including Ari.

Can somebody on campus verify that Green at least looks like he's gained 15-20 lbs?

Can somebody on campus verify that Green at least looks like he's gained 15-20 lbs?

I don't have to be on campus to tell you that is an exaggeration from [Redacted]. Once again, he was saying the same shit about Carson last summer. It's just a stream of bullshit coming out of his mouth.

Last summer he was also saying that Green was 6.11.

Back