• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

China: Taiwan Tensions

D0A-_F1WkAAt4xU.png

Wikipedia says the F-22 has a service ceiling of 65,000’.

According to this site, there are a lot of 60,000’+ jets.

Ok, I’ll take the L. We should have just flown a plane up really high and somehow grabbed it. Can you link the Wikipedia page for military sky grabbing machines?

Ok, I’ll take the L. We should have just flown a plane up really high and somehow grabbed it. Can you link the Wikipedia page for military sky grabbing machines?
GI Joe did it with a meteor, IIRC.

I wasn't saying we could grab it, I just thought you were saying we really didn't have anything outside of a U2 that could intercept that high.

President Thomas J Whitmore would have flown the god damn plane up there himself.

Agreed. And to be fair the "other side" would have done the same to a Republican president. It's a no win situation when you're sitting in that seat
too bad the latest republican president hid it so we'll never know

too bad the latest republican president hid it so we'll never know
Previous Chinese spy balloon incursions went unnoticed until after the craft had exited U.S. airspace, Biden administration officials, speaking anonymously, said Sunday, according to The Wall Street Journal. The intelligence community had retroactively identified the existence of three suspected Chinese spy balloons entering U.S. territory under former President Donald Trump and once at the beginning of the Biden administration, VanHerck confirmed in a briefing Monday.

GI Joe did it with a meteor, IIRC.

I wasn't saying we could grab it, I just thought you were saying we really didn't have anything outside of a U2 that could intercept that high.
Yeah, my over all point still stands, there are no planes capable of safely maneuvering at that altitude that have the equipment or strength to grab a balloon of that size out of the air and bring it down. Biden is not an incompetent idiot for not rapidly inventing new tech in the span of less than a week to make it happen.

The balloon weighed tens of thousands of pounds according to a NORAD official today. Lol at towing it using a mach-speed plane mid-air snag. But holy shit the tweets...

So schneider is now a cancelled (for me) old man. At least he's on the side of mtg.

"Visiting"

Hey pops, stopped looking for a republican you can vote for?

Y'all are all the same until you stand the fuck up.

Back