• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Culinary school? Rose's Luxury. Or make the drive to Volt...

Volt's table 21, Komi, PS7x7(dead), and Rose's Luxury are the 4 really elite food experiences I've had in DC that fit the culinary student vibe.

yeah we'd love to do Komi again or Volt Table 21 but again, costs, since the in-laws are footing the bill. though they haven't specifically given us a number, we don't to ask too much.

we suggested Rogue since we talked with RJ about bringing him there and he was saying he loves cooking for students.

Ah, I thought Rogue was up there with Komi and Volt in pricing, but they've changed the setup. Table might be another option, but Rogue's probably the best for what you're looking for. Especially if you know someone - always a better experience.

If you went to Rose's at the crack of opening on a Friday then picked a spot close by for drinks it might be feasible.

Ah, I thought Rogue was up there with Komi and Volt in pricing, but they've changed the setup. Table might be another option, but Rogue's probably the best for what you're looking for. Especially if you know someone - always a better experience.

If you went to Rose's at the crack of opening on a Friday then picked a spot close by for drinks it might be feasible.

the 24 course menu is the same price as Komi ($135)

So I tried out Cuba Libre for lunch today, and while it's not super special or anything, I will defs go back. The food and service were both great.

Finally made it to DCity Smokehouse today for lunch. Place is legit. For reals.

Really? Didn't know you were right there. Though you were farther in NOMA. By defs check it out. Had the brisket and pork sandwiches. Both were awesome.

Accidentally posted this on the apetit thread:

I'm going to Echostage tonight for Cut Copy. Has anyone ever been there? Yelp makes it sound like my nightmare.....

Went to DC Smokehouse on FL Ave/Q St/N Cap yesterday. We had the meaty palmer sandwich and ribs. Agree with all the great things said about it!

Went to DC Smokehouse on FL Ave/Q St/N Cap yesterday. We had the meaty palmer sandwich and ribs. Agree with all the great things said about it!

Tried to go there of lunch today but they were closed. Wanted to specifically try the meaty Palmer. Luckily it's 2 blocks from my house so I'll be able to try it soon.

Had drinks at Partisan last night. Place is pretty awesome. Had dinner at Menu MBK. It was very meh and I don't think we'll be going back.

def wanna hit up The Partisan. Man, I wish that Red Apron (and the Shake Shack there) were there when I worked in PQ.

def wanna hit up The Partisan. Man, I wish that Red Apron (and the Shake Shack there) were there when I worked in PQ.

We swung by that red apron a couple of Sundays ago and were disappointed they weren't serving anything on tap. The best part of the union market red apron is the constantly rotating taplist

Leaving work in a few - who can recommend a bar with outdoor seating around Chinatown/Penn Quarter that isn't Poste.

Leaving work in a few - who can recommend a bar with outdoor seating around Chinatown/Penn Quarter that isn't Poste.

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern? Although I guess they have that covered area now...not sure if they still have tables for real outside or not.

Back