• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

No. Is this the Foggy Bottom or Dupont one? Try looking into Founding Farmers if the former.

Toki really is the best in the district. We usually call ahead and drive over there from our house and get it to go.

Sorry Central was booked, you could always check the day of to see if any cancellations.

No matter how great the temptation, do not under any circumstances eat at Ollie's Trolley.

Nice! Definitely save room for dessert -- easily some of the best in the city.

So Minibar just cancelled our reservation next week "due to unforeseen circumstances." Instead, we are going the next night and sitting at Jose's Table for the same price. Um, ok.

going to the Warner Theater tonight and tomorrow for concerts. tonight I'm going solo, so where's somewhere low-key I can grab a quick bite and a drink? something on the fast casual end, maybe. and, tomorrow night, the wife is coming along, so where's somewhere we could go for happy hour? Chef Geoff's will likely be slammed.

going to the Warner Theater tonight and tomorrow for concerts. tonight I'm going solo, so where's somewhere low-key I can grab a quick bite and a drink? something on the fast casual end, maybe. and, tomorrow night, the wife is coming along, so where's somewhere we could go for happy hour? Chef Geoff's will likely be slammed.

Fast casual - Roti?

Other - Boss Shepherd's? Del Frisco's Grille? Central?

Went a while ago, after having gone to Thailand on our Honeymoon (including a food stop at the Sukhumvit Soi 38 street vendors in Bangkok which was amazing). We were really excited but left pretty disappointed. Our waiter was terrible and didn't recommend anything other than their extremely traditional/boring dishes. Nothing was spicy regardless of how many peppers the menu had. Based on the reviews we kind of assumed it was just an off night or something, because it was basically just slightly better-than-average Thai food.

Mango Tree was a lot better even though I only went there for lunch. Honestly the thai bowls at Shop House reminded me more of the street food in Thailand than anything we had at Soi 38.

Went to minibar last night and sat a Jose's Table and had the "elevated" menu. I hadn't been in a number of years, since it was at the old Cafe Atlantico location, so I was curious how it would be different. Well it was fanfuckingtastic. Better than the old one by a lot. Much more creative now IMO (not that it wasn't before, but they didn't sit back and rest on their laurels, but stepped up their game). I will defs not wait years again before going back.

So not a restaurant, but over the weekend I finally Checked out Mom's Organic in Ivy City. I may never step foot in Whole Foods again. This place is amazing.

there was talk of replacing the Books a Million in Dupont with one. I would love that.

I've heard good things but haven't been yet (despite it being like 5 min from my house). Need to get there.

Back