• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

A lot of the Wharf spots aren't open yet. But somewhat close to there (right at the waterfront metro stop) is an indian restaurant called Masala Art. It's really good.

No. It’s got some nice views and the event space is decent, but as a restaurant I am not and have never been a fan. Easy walk from your office though.

Ah well. I can't really enjoy the open bar more than a drink or two either as I have to drive. Probs just gonna chow down on the raw bar.

Sequoia might be the worst restaurant in DC.

Ha, it was fine.

Any thoughts on Acqua Al 2?

A lot of my friends really like it but I went twice and wasn't impressed either time. Used to meet my old roommate next door at Tunnifcliff's a couple times a month for drinks/bar food.

Bullfrog Bagels were good this weekend
Belga was ok

Getting to know Barrack's Row, though I'm closer to H

Speaking of Barracks Row - RIP Banana Cafe

damn...we did happy hour all the time there from like 2009-2011. cheap, strong margs and they usually had free food like empanadas and stuff.

Townie, we were always big fans of Tunnicliff's for dinner (brunch is ok, but dinner better), Tortilla Cafe and Prego Deli.

Bullfrog Bagels were good this weekend
Belga was ok

Getting to know Barrack's Row, though I'm closer to H

H St is the best. Toki for ramen, Granville Moore's for mussels, Ethiopic for Ethiopian, Queen Vic for footy, Crown Fried Chicken for hangovers....

Just had dinner at Bresca. Fuck that place is good. I’ll be back soon.

Any Alexandria recommendations especially Old Town?

My hood. Any specifics? I've mentioned Nasime on this thread I think - small place, awesome chef, the sushi course is always amazing and considering the weather he's probably doing his hot pot noodle dishes which were amazing last time I went. Good deal too for what you get.

Sadly there's been some sales and ownership changes at some of the better places. Brabo tasting room is now awful but the main Brabo is still excellent. The Majestic has changed two or three times, not great now. Virtue Feed and Grain is a little better than it was right after it was sold, but the location is still awesome.

Best spots are still Vermillion, Brabo, either of the Hank's depending on whether you feel like pasta or raw oysters, a new bbq joint called Myron Mixon's recently opened and it's pretty solid. There's a new place called Hummingbird from the same guy that owns Restaurant Eve, it's right on the water and is getting good reviews but we haven't been there yet...

Nasime is right down the street from my hotel. I might check that out.

Just checked the menu. I’m not too big on the 5 course menu they have up right now. Too bad.

Last edited:

Not old town but Huascaran used to be one of my favorite spots. A real hole in the wall Peruvian place, not fancy, but they never messed up the food (at least 10 years ago).

Back