• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I'll check out Donburi tonight

I've been going to Glen's Garden Market at least once a week when I'm in town

Pizza is solid and beers are $4 at the bar

I'll check out Donburi tonight

I've been going to Glen's Garden Market at least once a week when I'm in town

Pizza is solid and beers are $4 at the bar
Unf im jealous. Donburi is awesome. Super small so the wait for seating can take a while sometimes, but it's worth it. I'd highly recommend the katsudon (pork) even tho you just had a billion lbs of meat this weekend. Japanese comfort food ftw.

I find myself in AM so infrequently (especially at night) that I haven't been to either Sakuramen or Donburi, but I've heard really good things about both. Went to Amsterdam a lot many years ago and always liked it. How does Donburi compare to a place like Izakaya Seki (which I adore).

I find myself in AM so infrequently (especially at night) that I haven't been to either Sakuramen or Donburi, but I've heard really good things about both. Went to Amsterdam a lot many years ago and always liked it. How does Donburi compare to a place like Izakaya Seki (which I adore).

Donburi has way less menu variance but I prefer the food a little more.

Bul is awesome

Kloud (beer) is not

Also went to Stoney's after work

No good bars in Foggy Bottom (at least that I've found)

Just had lunch at the new Crimson Diner in the POD hotel in Chinatown, and it was actually great. Way better than the two most recent trendy diners I've tried, Slim's (Petworth) and Ari's (Ivy), both of which could adequately be described as dumpster fires, both in terms of food and service. The biscuits and gravy at Ari's is borderline inedible. Curious to see how the whiskey bar and rooftop bar end up once they finally open.

Been staying all over the place

Can't be worse than staying in VA

I don't really need much and it's an easy commute to work, trying not to cost the company $2k/week in hotels every time I come

Back