• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

In all seriousness I like El Centro D.F. for boozy and Mexican, and Convivial at the O Street Market is delicious.

Used to love the breakfast burrito at Tunnicliff's when visiting Eastern Market - but again, it's been a while since I've been there...

Tunnicliff's was one of our biggest staples when we lived by Eastern Market. But I always much preferred it for dinner (wings, reuben, pastrami sandwich, burgers and pizzas were my go-tos). Brunch was always just ok, but serviceable.

If we visited the market on the weekends, we usually just got something quick from Prego Deli, Tortilla Cafe, the indoor hot dog vendor at one of the butchers or the crepe guy.

In all seriousness I like El Centro D.F. for boozy and Mexican, and Convivial at the O Street Market is delicious.

Never been to Convivial for brunch, but it always seems packed when I hit up Gigante on Sat or Sun.

On a different note, we're checking out the new Robert Wiedmaier spot Siren tonight. Haven't heard much about it, but it looks good.

I've never been a huge fan of Tunnicliff's for brunch. Went a number of times when we had friends in the area since they liked it, but it was always very meh to me.

yea, first good thing (or bad thing) i've ever heard about tunnicliff's food. pretty standard fare.

i really like barrel on penn by eastern mkt. good food and never seen a quicker turnaround on champagne bottles

doing mission in dupont tomorrow, never been before

Where should I live

I don't wanna live in a big complex, id rather live in a row house

Need in unit washer/dryer

Would like outdoor space and a dece kitchen

Can pay like $2500

Is this possible

Where should I live

I don't wanna live in a big complex, id rather live in a row house

Need in unit washer/dryer

Would like outdoor space and a dece kitchen

Can pay like $2500

Is this possible

Easily for a one bedroom. Iffy for a two bedroom if you don't want to be outside the main core. Prices will be a lot lower after the summer/early fall rush.

Shaw/NoMa would be the obvious first looks. Eastern Market area could work as well.

Where are you working?

You could def do that in Eastern Market/Capitol Hill. And you'd be on the right Metro line (also there's the Capitol South stop which is one up from EM).

Easily for a one bedroom. Iffy for a two bedroom if you don't want to be outside the main core. Prices will be a lot lower after the summer/early fall rush.

Shaw/NoMa would be the obvious first looks. Eastern Market area could work as well.

Where are you working?

Only need a one br

Working right next to foggy bottom stop, so silver/blue/orange would be nice

Zillow makes it seem bleak

Yeah I'm in town every other week for the next few months and I have summer hours coming up soon that will be good to look for this stuff

Don't even really want to start looking seriously til my wife gets her job squared away

the key to finding a good deal is finding a sketchy landlord who doesn't want to pay to fix the A/C or Heat

Yeah that's the thing whatever you end up renting will only be on the market a month or two before

Siren was really good. There's some douchy hotel traffic that isn't awesome, but everything we had was great. Will definitely go back.

Afterwards we checked out a new bar a block from the house called Truxton Inn. It was pretty awesome. A little pricey, but I'm ok with it because it'll keep the crowds down. Cocktails were great and I love the ambiance. I think they did a really nice job putting it together.

Going to Atlantic Plumbing to see Alien Covenant tonight. What is the best place in the area to grab a really quick bite to eat? I was thinking Greek Spot or El Rey but there is a lot of new stuff around there I don't know anything about.

Checked out La Puerta Verde in Ivy City on Sat night. It was really good. Similar in menu to El Camino in B'dale, but defs better in pretty much every respect. Different, but not as good as Espita.

Is Mandu any good?

I'm staying near embassy row fwiw

Back