• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I haven't gotten any of the "official viewing party" emails that happen sometimes. I guess because it's on a wednesday at 9 pm. If there is a spot I'll join though.

There is an event at Hawthorne on U Street for the VT game, but dont believe anything for tonight.

Went to the one for the Duke game. Great crowd, but be forewarned that it is also a young crowd and gets pretty rowdy.

There is an event at Hawthorne on U Street for the VT game, but dont believe anything for tonight.

Went to the one for the Duke game. Great crowd, but be forewarned that it is also a young crowd and gets pretty rowdy.

I haven't been there all season but heard they get a decent crowd for big games. Walking distance from me so I might check it out.

I haven't been there all season but heard they get a decent crowd for big games. Walking distance from me so I might check it out.

Were probably 100 people at Sauf Haus for the Duke game. I am going to be out of town, otherwise would probably go.

Were probably 100 people at Sauf Haus for the Duke game. I am going to be out of town, otherwise would probably go.

Yeah, I was there for that. Noticed that maybe 12 of them were actually watching the game but it was still cool.

Had a great DC weekend.

Lotta Brookland Pint, but also had a good meal at Cava Mezze and then Daikaya for hangover crushing today.

Timber is really good. Wife likes it better than all purpose, not sure if I'd go that far.

Checked out Timber on Sat and thought it was fantastic. I think I may agree with your wife. And was bananas how crowded it got in there.

Also went into Ruta del Vino for a few drinks afterwards. I didn't even know this place existed until Sat night, but the menu looked pretty good. Will have to check it out sometime soon.

game watch for tomorrow? might try something on barracks row but would love sound

Kinda sad that Shophouse is closing. I haven't gone much in the past 2 years or so, but I always liked it when I did go. The meatballs were my jam.

Kinda sad that Shophouse is closing. I haven't gone much in the past 2 years or so, but I always liked it when I did go. The meatballs were my jam.

I went a lot. Loved the meatballs. They were always way stingier with their items compared to Chipotle like essentially counting out how many green beans they'd give you.

I'm super sad. I'd been going like once every other week since I came back to work in December. Always went with the meatballs. So good.

Just tried Pidzza (in Chinatown) for lunch today and it was pretty tasty. I had the Cauli and wifey had the Brekkie. Both were good, though I liked the Cauli better. It's pretty much &Pizza but with Turkish flavors.

Checked out a spot this weekend called The Bird at 11th and O. Thought it was pretty awesome and I defs recommend.

Actually relevant to the thread, I don't know if anyone else has tried Poke Papa at the old Z Pizza at 8th and H, but I've been a few times and think it's great. It'll defs be a new addition to my lunch rotation. Interested to see how District Poke which is opening in the old Amorini Panini spot at 9th and F compares.

Checked out a spot this weekend called The Bird at 11th and O. Thought it was pretty awesome and I defs recommend.

Actually relevant to the thread, I don't know if anyone else has tried Poke Papa at the old Z Pizza at 8th and H, but I've been a few times and think it's great. It'll defs be a new addition to my lunch rotation. Interested to see how District Poke which is opening in the old Amorini Panini spot at 9th and F compares.

Believe The Bird is the second restaurant from folks who own The Pig on 14th.

I think that's right. Never been to the Pig, but I know where and what it is.

Back