• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Christie takes state helicopter to son's baseball game

There are politicians on both sides that abuse their power like this. I recall Pelosi with the congressional jet, Obama going to Broadway to see a play, to show some examples on the other side.

We can hem and haw and say one side is worse than the other but the fact is both parties have people that have done it.

There are politicians on both sides that abuse their power like this. I recall Pelosi with the congressional jet, Obama going to Broadway to see a play, to show some examples on the other side.

We can hem and haw and say one side is worse than the other but the fact is both parties have people that have done it.

True, but only one side demonizes "BIG GOVERNMENT."

You can't compare a POTUS going anywhere to this. He must take that kind of security.

Unlike Chrstie, no POTUS chooses how he travels. It's dictated to him by the Secret Service.

how many people say there is no money to build a necessary tunnel but takes a helicopter to a kid's sporting event?

And then has a limo waiting to drive him 100-150'.

This picture will be to Christie what Kerrry's surfing was to him.

By the way he used the chopper to get back to a dinner meeting with potential Iowa donors and he's allegedly not even running.

Last edited:
You can't compare a POTUS going anywhere to this. He must take that kind of security.

Unlike Chrstie, no POTUS chooses how he travels. It's dictated to him by the Secret Service.

how many people say there is no money to build a necessary tunnel but takes a helicopter to a kid's sporting event?

And then has a limo waiting to drive him 100-150'.

This picture will be to Christie what Kerrry's surfing was to him.

The POTUS shouldn't have been spending taxpaper money on broadway in the first place. that was the issue amigo.

Same with Pelosi. She was issuing extra congressional jets just so she could fly cross country at her convenience in the middle of a recession.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like what christie did, but there is one consistent theme here:

abuse of power. All are guilty of it.

I'm sorry. The POTUS is allowed to have a night off. He also gave a speech in NY that day.

THere are other abuses, but this one you are flat out wrong on.

The POTUS shouldn't have been spending taxpaper money on broadway in the first place. that was the issue amigo.

Same with Pelosi. She was issuing extra congressional jets just so she could fly cross country at her convenience in the middle of a recession.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like what christie did, but there is one consistent theme here:

abuse of power. All are guilty of it.

No. The speaker of the house was mandated to fly on congressional jets for security reasons after 9/11 by the secret service.

I'm sorry. The POTUS is allowed to have a night off. He also gave a speech in NY that day.

THere are other abuses, but this one you are flat out wrong on.

the trip cost $24,000. He can take the presidential motorcade to the Kennedy Center and see just as good a play.

Send me the link that shows he did a speech that day, I can't find it.

Do any of you know how poorly NJ State Troopers drive? Believe me this was far more inexpensive than letting those jack-booted thugs tear through the commuter-packed highways of NJ. I'm sure Corzine told him to chopper in everywhere.

I was exaggerating, but during her reign congress did ask for a significant upgrade.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124960404730212955.html

So telling:

"This month, for example, 11 separate congressional delegations will swing through Germany. House Minority Leader John Boehner of Ohio is leading five other lawmakers on a trip around the world. Sen. Richard Shelby (R., Ala.) is taking a group of senators and their spouses to Europe for three weeks.

A spokesman for Mr. Boehner said he couldn't comment on the trip for security reasons. A spokeswoman for Mr. Shelby said the same."

They are all full of it.

I was exaggerating, but during her reign congress did ask for a significant upgrade.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124960404730212955.html

"The House Appropriations Committee says the new purchases are designed to replace seven aging and more expensive business jets. The net impact is one additional plane owned by the federal government and a substantial increase in its passenger capacity."

Congress, not her.

Gov. Christie is the only elected official to ever use government vehicles for personal travel!

Didn't Corzine get into a severe car accident when a trooper was driving?

The problem for corzine was that he wasn't wearing his seatbelts and took responsibility for the stupidity of it.

Corzine has much to take responsibility for.

the trip cost $24,000. He can take the presidential motorcade to the Kennedy Center and see just as good a play.

Send me the link that shows he did a speech that day, I can't find it.

The trip cost a lot more than $24,000. You probnably dropedv a zero.

But you can't simply state how ridiculous it was without any other comparisons.

Last year when they caught Maxine Waters covering for her husband's investment in a bank, I said she should step down.

I didn't put any other qualifications to mitigate her wrong actions. I didn't compare it to what any Republican had done. there was no equvialnce to cloud what she had done.

You refuse simply to do this and say there was no reason to bring up anyone else.

This is a guy who ran on fiscal responsibility and that governemnt acted arrogantly.

his actions were 180 degrees from this.

That's all this issue is. But you can't put it that way without bringing in others.

The trip cost a lot more than $24,000. You probnably dropedv a zero.

But you can't simply state how ridiculous it was without any other comparisons.

Last year when they caught Maxine Waters covering for her husband's investment in a bank, I said she should step down.

I didn't put any other qualifications to mitigate her wrong actions. I didn't compare it to what any Republican had done. there was no equvialnce to cloud what she had done.

You refuse simply to do this and say there was no reason to bring up anyone else.

This is a guy who ran on fiscal responsibility and that governemnt acted arrogantly.

his actions were 180 degrees from this.

That's all this issue is. But you can't put it that way without bringing in others.

That was an estimate by the papers for the bway trip, but I will concede what Christie did was ridiculous. Can't we just get along RJ?

What we have here is a politician who was a hypocrite. STOP THE PRESSES.

You know what really enrages me about all the people in charge that do this stuff? They aren't creative enough. If I had some taxpayer dollars I would be like Xerxes in 300. He was on a float that people carried ALL THE TIME. I'm not gonna walk on any ground, I MAKE THE DECISIONS PAL.

But anyway, enough joking around, it was ridiculous but my point is that there are hundreds and hundreds of examples of politicians abusing their power and/or being hypocrites (here's a republican one for you RJ, Newt Gingrich leading the impeachment charge against Clinton when it turned out he had his own extramarital affairs!).

Newt doesn't matter here. Only Christie matters here.

We need to simply call whomever it is out and not try to make it a zero sum game.

Back