• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Christie takes state helicopter to son's baseball game

Any politician doing this is bad and hypocritical. However, if you preach lower spending and smaller government it's even more so.

So it would appear on the surface that this sends a bad message at the very least, but do we know anything else about this trip? Christie would not be so oblivious as to just hop on a helo to see his son play ball unless he had all his ducks lined up in a row, I would think. It's certainly possible he had a brain fart, though.

This is kind of my thinking, because someone on his staff must have pointed out how incredibly bad this would look. Especially the bit about the car, and how the game had to be stopped for his expensively grand entrance and exit. Overall, this was terrible PR, start to finish. I'd bet the house this never happens again.

But it's not like this is a major issue. Just a dumb move.

this apparently happened twice last week.

CC will reimburse the state for both -- total is just over $2K

I don't find Christie arrogant. I find him a little un-trained around the edges.

Chuck Schumer, Anthony Weiner...now then, these guys...epitomize arrogance.

Not an R or D thing (except with Weiner!) but truly, there are numerous pricks on either side.

Back