• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens - activist

Personally I think the NFL/Goddell is just dumb enough to actually punish the players involved.

Calling for discipline of the players is incredibly fucking stupid, although not suprising.

There are literally tons of Rams players who can personally identify with Michael Brown. Getting butthurt that a few made a simple gesture in protest seems silly. They should be happy it wasn't a team thing or even a full on boycott.

Lots of attention being paid to this story - will probably stick around a few days. Personally, I'm not a big fan of what the players did, but I'm just going to move on.

I thought it was kinda cool, and the police union overreaction is priceless.

To be fair that's just some idiot rep from a union group, who you will notice isn't a cop as he was fired.

He was hired as a police chief in another town after being fired. And is now a state Rep. (He ran for the state Senate in November but lost.)

Good job Chris.

I'd love to see Goodell take the podium and publicly thank the players for taking a stand for something they believe in.

Reactions: Go
He was hired as a police chief in another town after being fired. And is now a state Rep. (He ran for the state Senate in November but lost.)

Fair enough. I think the guy is an idiot and good for Chris, but I just wanted to point out that this wasn't from the St Louis police department.

1st amendment and corporate employment do not always coexist.

First highlight of the season for Givens and likely the last of his career...

Is your disdain for Chris rooted in the fact that he left Wake early or that he is behaving in an "uppity" manner?

Back