• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens - activist

Union is gonna union. Cop unions are among the worst when it comes to idiotic grandstanding.

So true. You should see how unreasonable they get when officers get assaulted or murdered. Assholes.

Neither of which even remotely happened here... so what in the fuck is your point?

So true. You should see how unreasonable they get when officers get assaulted or murdered. Assholes.

A cop was murdered in Ferguson? News to me.

Also, the guy who assaulted the cop ended up with a lot of bullets in him and six feet under while the police officer who did the deed will never stand trial in criminal court. I'd say that worked out pretty damn well for all involved.

Except Michael Brown and his family.

Neither of which even remotely happened here... so what in the fuck is your point?

Ouch. Just tossing more blanket characterizations around. Thought that was what we were doing... Such passion. Such anger.

Ouch. Just tossing more blanket characterizations around. Thought that was what we were doing... Such passion. Such anger.

I didn't take you for such a staunch defender of unionism and reactive union grandstanding. Who knew.

I didn't take you for such a staunch defender of unionism and reactive union grandstanding. Who knew.

I'm wary of simply characterizing groups with a blanket. It's the kind of thing that gets us here. Like the post below.

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd think the safety of the fans would outweigh a questionable gesture by 5 players.

And it would if "to protect and serve" was the motive.

Dumb move by the players - while the cause may be legit (excessive force on black males), this is a fabricated example people jumped on, before knowing the facts. Brown was a thug (he stole to cigars by intimidation), he attacked the officer (his DNA is inside the car, on the cop's clothes and on the gun) and he did not stop/turnaround and raise his arms to surrender, he was coming toward the cop (the blood trail from where he was shot after turning around to where he lay on the ground was 25ft). While tragic, this case was not the basis for a protest movement.

Dumb move by the cops union - just let it go. Your officer killed an unarmed man. I don't believe he should have been indicted, but he isn't exactly a hero here either.

I hate racial injustice; but it is absurd to suppose that a group of NFL players are better informed than a grand jury that examined the evidence and deliberated for weeks.

Nothing should be done to the players beyond being chastised for their presumption.

Some of you are just too eager to believe some things.

Dumb move by the players - while the cause may be legit (excessive force on black males), this is a fabricated example people jumped on, before knowing the facts. Brown was a thug (he stole to cigars by intimidation), he attacked the officer (his DNA is inside the car, on the cop's clothes and on the gun) and he did not stop/turnaround and raise his arms to surrender, he was coming toward the cop (the blood trail from where he was shot after turning around to where he lay on the ground was 25ft). While tragic, this case was not the basis for a protest movement.

Dumb move by the cops union - just let it go. Your officer killed an unarmed man. I don't believe he should have been indicted, but he isn't exactly a hero here either.

1. How is this relevant?
2. In a case involving numerous accounts of conflicting eyewitness testimony, you basically stated the friendliest possible version of the facts for Wilson.

According to 16 of the 18 people who testified, he had his hands up and wasn't charging Wilson.

Some of you are just too eager to believe some things.

Eh. The framing was realistic. Crappy blog, rumors, hinting, and it wasn't funny. But yeah, I should have read it closer.

Back