• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Givens - activist

1. How is this relevant?
2. In a case involving numerous accounts of conflicting eyewitness testimony, you basically stated the friendliest possible version of the facts for Wilson.

1 - it is not relevant to the legal case, but if you were looking for a example to illustrate a cause, would you rather the victim be a gang member with 2 prior felonies or a law student home for break? I am not saying he deserved to be shot, but the strong-arm robbery doesn't help illustrate the 'excessive force against unarmed blacks' cause.

2 - Friendly facts? Thats a new one on me. Those are the relevant facts.

RJ - I haven't done a tally, but I highly doubt your 16/18 number is correct. Nevertheless, even if it 18/18 witnesses said he wasn't coming at Wilson, how do you explain a blood trail 25 feet long? He was coming back at Wilson.

Brown's death was tragic, but I am just saying if the cause is legitimate (which I believe it is), there are better cases to use as an example. This one just got blown out of proportion by a few witnesses who cared more about creating a compelling story (the cop shot him as he ran away / he was standing there with his hands up and the cop shot him in cold blood) than they cared about the truth as depicted by the forensic evidence. When we heard the story, we were all appalled and it became a national story. Now that the facts are available, we need to reconsider. If the day 1 story was - a cop tried to apprehend a local criminal, they got into a fight and the criminal ran away. As he ran away, the cop pursued him. The guy stopped and turned around, then came back towards the cop, who then shot him dead - the story would have never gone national.

Are those the facts? Wilson confronted Brown for walking in the street. Wilson already shot Brown before he ran away.

Its a good thing we have a gazillion page thread on the Tunnels that already addresses everything in this thread except Givens deciding to show his support. I have no issue with Givens showing support. Wish more athletes would stand up for what they believe.

Wilson already shot Brown before he ran away.

Seven (black) grand jury witnesses call BS on that. You might also want to read up on the autopsy, the DNA and hospital reports--hard to dispute that they all rule out what you say. But keep believing what you want to believe.

Seven (black) grand jury witnesses call BS on that. You might also want to read up on the autopsy, the DNA and hospital reports--hard to dispute that they all rule out what you say. But keep believing what you want to believe.

I think Ph is referring to the fact that Brown was shot while he scuffled with Wilson in the car.

Which means that...

It means RJ was wrong about 16 of 18 witnesses saying brown was not charging. Nevertheless, (like i said earlier), it doesn't matter to me if 18 of 18 said he was not coming back towards Wilson. There was a 25 foot blood trail from where Brown turned around back in Wilson's direction.

Wrangor - I gave up on the Tunnels years ago and I probably should let this one go too. It is too hard to discuss/debate real issues on a message board.

Last edited:
It means RJ was wrong about 16 of 18 witnesses saying brown was not charging. Nevertheless, (like i said earlier), it doesn't matter to me if 18 of 18 said he was not coming back towards Wilson. There was a 25 foot blood trail from where Brown turned around back in Wilson's direction.

Wrangor - I gave up on the Tunnels years ago and I probably should let this one go too. It is too hard to discuss/debate real issues on a message board.
Listen even if everything you said is true and I make a huge assumption that Micheal Brown is a thug and that he assaulted a police officer, the kid still didn't have to die.

Our police force across the country needs to be better trained in how to deal with these situations. A great start would be requiring officers to get a college education.

As for the protest, at this point it doesn't matter what happened with Brown and Wilson. It is so much bigger than that now, viewing these protests as a statement about a single event is ignorant at best.

it's so fucking bizarre that people are worked up about the Rams players.

I think Ph is referring to the fact that Brown was shot while he scuffled with Wilson in the car.

Yeah. But simos is all hot and bothered, so we can just let him roll with it.

Back