• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Webber joining Wake faculty

I mean cmon, Danny Manning and Chris webber?!?!! What is Giles doing? You think freaking sheyerface can teach you a dropstep?????

If all these horrible puns don't stop, the moderators will have to give some of you a time out.

I believe the name is Christine Webber, seen it on the boards. Believe they played for the Queens if I'm not mistaken.

Next we'll hear that Shaq, "The Big Aristotle", will be teaching a philosophy class.

Can he play pickup with the team in the off season ? Work with Harry, Doral and other bigs?

I remember Webber visited with Rodney Rogers a couple years back but don't know the extent of their friendship.

I assume IrishSlim has already contacted Professor Webber to see if has a TA spot available.

Would a 42 yo C-Webb with 1 functioning leg start for the deacs this year? We'd have to play a really slow pace but he could stand at the elbow and run the offense.

This better be a recruiting tool...if not, you can fill in the rest.

recruiting tool aside, it's still pretty cool. my first thought was it more about pandering to Bill Simmons wannabes on the heels of the popularity of the 30 for 30s, grantland, players tribune, etc.

recruiting tool aside, it's still pretty cool. my first thought was it more about pandering to Bill Simmons wannabes on the heels of the popularity of the 30 for 30s, grantland, players tribune, etc.

Exactly. It's a hot industry. Getting a former elite athlete who is currently on the sports reporting side is a huge get.

Back