• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

City, Falcons reach deal to build new stadium in downtown ATL (PANTHEON pics update!)

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
ATLANTA - A tentative deal has been reached to build a new stadium for the Falcons in downtown Atlanta, city and team officials said on Thursday.

Mayor Kasim Reed and team owner Arthur Blank made the announcement during a press conference at City Hall.

Under the proposed deal, Reed said that the city will contribute $200 million, which will come from the city's hotel-motel tax. The other $800 million will be paid by the Falcons. The Falcons will also contribute an additional $50 million in infrastructure costs.
Team officials said that a site just south of the Georgia Dome is the preferred site, but there are still details that need to be worked out.

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal praised the agreement.

The proposed deal is now in the hands of the Georgia World Congress Center and the Atlanta Falcons Association, Reed said.

The Atlanta City Council must still approve the new deal, officials said.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/21545064/city-expected-to-make-announcement-on-falcons-stadium

Last edited:
Ok, Falcons done.

Braves, you're up.

Say what now?

It's only 21 years old.

World Cup coming to Atlanta very very soon.

How are the public schools in Atlanta? Pretty shitty I'd bet.

What in the world is wrong with the Georgia Dome? Isn't this just needless spending of money?

More Super Bowls, less HS grads I say.

Yeah, and the baseball stadium is only 17 years old.

Yeah. Isn't one of the benefits of hosting the Olympics is that you get these wonderful new facilities that last for many years and have the legacy of hosting the Olympics?

Yeah. Isn't one of the benefits of hosting the Olympics is that you get these wonderful new facilities that last for many years and have the legacy of hosting the Olympics?

White elephants.

stupid. theres absolutely nothing wrong with the georgia dome, it hosts a god awful amount of big sporting events and does so very well imo. ive still never seen a game there, ill definitely make sure i do before they turn it into a parking lot

White elephants.

Oh yeah. I'm becoming a big believer that taxpayers are sold a line of bull when it comes to supporting major sporting events and attracting and keeping pro franchises. It's only worse when the powers that be get greedy.

Can we all agree about city in decline now?

The Falcons win one playoff game and the city goes nuts.

Back