• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clarence Thomas to retire

That would be BIG!!

Add Kennedy and Ginsburg and Hillary could have three in the first two years of her presidency.

Maybe. Not definite.

Yeah. I understand the logic, but assuming the Democrats take control of the Senate, I can't see McConnell's last action as majority leader being confirming Obama's nominee.

It's a shame Warren isn't 56 rather than 66. If she was younger, she'd be the perfect pick to replace Thomas or Kennedy.

Yeah. I understand the logic, but assuming the Democrats take control of the Senate, I can't see McConnell's last action as majority leader being confirming Obama's nominee.

I could see McConnell leaving the Senate altogether if he's not Majority Leader. He's 74 and it's a shitty job. Confirming Garland wouldn't be a win, but far better than allowing Hillary to appoint someone younger and more liberal.

Thomas rumor is a ruse. GOP is watching Trump implode and want to change the narrative. Thomas is a stiff, but 68 is too young to leave and potentially clear the path to a 7-2 Dem majority. 'Pubs would never forgive Thomas (and his nutty Tea Party wife) for retiring with a Dem POTUS in office.

I could see McConnell leaving the Senate altogether if he's not Majority Leader. He's 74 and it's a shitty job. Confirming Garland wouldn't be a win, but far better than allowing Hillary to appoint someone younger and more liberal.

Thomas rumor is a ruse. GOP is watching Trump implode and want to change the narrative. Thomas is a stiff, but 68 is too young to leave and potentially clear the path to a 7-2 Dem majority. 'Pubs would never forgive Thomas (and his nutty Tea Party wife) for retiring with a Dem POTUS in office.

Thomas probably has a pretty good pension and bennies so why continue with this bullshit. This current GOP is nothing like the one that nominated him so who cares whether they forgive him or not. Were it me and being 68, I'd be long gone in my RV and fly fishing all over the place instead of reffing the crap in DC.

Imagine if Kennedy retires and the court goes 7-2. It would be a long time before we ever see a conservative court again, if ever.

No reason to freak out. I'm resigned to living in a liberal nation. It is historically inevitable. You fight the fights you can win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the GOP's fault for not winning presidential elections.

Thomas probably has a pretty good pension and bennies so why continue with this bullshit. This current GOP is nothing like the one that nominated him so who cares whether they forgive him or not. Were it me and being 68, I'd be long gone in my RV and fly fishing all over the place instead of reffing the crap in DC.

No doubt that HW Bush's GOP is different than today's clown car, but Thomas' wife is right in there with the wingnuts. She gave Anita Hill shit relatively recently and is a decade younger that Thomas. They will live for another 15-25 years and take way too much crap from their friends and colleagues for bailing early.

I also tend to agree with this. It's the GOP trying to scare up some voters like me. It won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back