• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

I'm revamping my entire town setup before the next war. Won't do me much good considering I'm about at the bottom, but gotta do that every now and then to see if the change in strategy works better. I'm also in the process of building a dark elixir drill, which should help long term as well. Other than that, how does somebody at the bottom of the barrel help during clan wars? Sacrificial lamb to poke at their defenses? Otherwise it seems pretty useless to be the low man on the totem pole. If I may use another nerdgame analogy, t's like raiding in WoW where everybody else is a 90 and you're a level 70.

I think the best thing for our lower guys to do is attack their highest player that has their castle outside the walls. I looked this morning and almost all of their players had their castles exposed. If you can get 1 star vs them then our top players can spend their attacks getting 2/3 stars against the mid a lower tier players.

i need to beef up my offense. i have 3 teslas but i don't even have dragons yet

frecklednotginge has been missing for a while, we really need him during wars

I think the best thing for our lower guys to do is attack their highest player that has their castle outside the walls. I looked this morning and almost all of their players had their castles exposed. If you can get 1 star vs them then our top players can spend their attacks getting 2/3 stars against the mid a lower tier players.

I'll try that then. Thanks.

The loot is finally starting to pick back up. I was having a really hard time getting resources to upgrade but my builders have been pretty busy as of late. I think clan wars has brought some people back to the game.

How are you guys doing in Clan Wars? The clan I've been in has been constantly warring since it started and started well, but has lost a few straight after some attrition and lack of attention. Plus it's a bunch of youngsters that drive me a bit nuts.

Would love to join up if you want another - noticed that the clan is invite only, so lemmeknow!

How are you guys doing in Clan Wars? The clan I've been in has been constantly warring since it started and started well, but has lost a few straight after some attrition and lack of attention. Plus it's a bunch of youngsters that drive me a bit nuts.

Would love to join up if you want another - noticed that the clan is invite only, so lemmeknow!

We lose a lot. Most of the time we only have 40-50% attack participation in clan wars. Feel free to join at any time!

I want to upgrade dark elixir drill to Level 2, barracks to Level ? (Dragons) and dark barracks to Level 2 (hog rider). What's my most pressing need? I'm thinking hog/dragon/drill in that order.

IMO, max dark drills as quickly as you can. It will help you save a ton of DE for hero upgrades and de troop upgrades.

So you don't have dragons yet? I might say get your dragons, then upgrade hogs, then the drill.

My dragons and hogs are now both lvl 2 - time to upgrade the drill.

We're getting raped again. Ugh. I tried, but I got raped both times. Did get one to 40%, which was a moral victory. My reconfiguration was also a failure, which sucks because I end up spending about 2 hours when I do that.

It would help if everyone actually fought. We're not even using half of our available attacks last I checked.

Two other things are holding us back:

1. The folks down at the bottom of the totem pole need to commit to using better troops in their attacks. It's not about efficiency or loot gained versus loot lost - it's about winning. A combination of a gang of dragons and either rage spells or lightning spells can take out any of the comparable villages at the bottom of the enemy list. Gotta spend, folks.

2. We have to get better defensive clan troops from our top guys. I know this is easy for me to say since I'm not having to do it, but if we're going to be competitive we need more firepower with which to defend. Fifteen or twenty archers don't really make a dent against a horde of dragons or giants. Contrast that with a five high level wizards - which is what I'm seeing when I attack - who can completely destroy a bunched up attack.

Yeah, I'm routinely spending 150k+ elixir on the war. It's the only way I can be certain I'm not going to get stomped as a lower level character.

Sorry I've been MIA, been slammed at work. I'll try and help out again soon.

We lose a lot. Most of the time we only have 40-50% attack participation in clan wars. Feel free to join at any time!

Yeah war participation has been killing us. Poor Lawsonian, whoever that is....pretty sure he loads up other bases, then has to settle for 4* from me haha

Yeah war participation has been killing us. Poor Lawsonian, whoever that is....pretty sure he loads up other bases, then has to settle for 4* from me haha

I don't mind :thumbsup:

Just wish we could get 75-80% participation and be somewhat competitive.

Never mind I looked you up. Who is your leader?

Last edited:
Oh man. My first attempt at an assault with a healer was an abject failure. God healers are dumb. Will take that into account next time.

When does ogboards' next war start? my current clan only does 1 a week, fri-sat. Thinking I could come over for a couple days and help.

Back