• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clash of Clans - New Clan Name: ogboards

I'm training 10 dragons, 1 healer, and 6 archers. Along with 3 lightning spells.

No idea who I'm going to hit with them, but that's what I'm doing for my first attack

What's the point of the healer in this army? For Clan castle troops? I feel like you might be better off with something else offensive (balloons, hog rider, etc)

One of our best guys should be able to at least 2 star ezeekielmontoya. Then just have to decide if it's worth a sure thing extra star from one of their lesser armies vs going after their best guys.

If I want to make a big hit, I usually train up about 25 hog riders, use healing spells for them, and hten go with some air troops (minions, bombers, dragons). The biggest problem is kings/queens and clan troops will mess me up if the minions or dragons aren't able to get to them. Usually I use a lightning spell to erase clan troops that annoy me.

What's the point of the healer in this army? For Clan castle troops? I feel like you might be better off with something else offensive (balloons, hog rider, etc)

Do healers not heal dragons? I've really never used them to be honest

Bandlaw -

Not sure what other guys do, but I feel like we are close in level, so you should have access to the same troops I do. When attacking, I generally make 12-15 giants, ~10 wizards, 1 angel, ~5 wallbreakers and fill in the rest with archers and some barbarians. I use the wallbreakers and the giants to target the air defense first. Always take out the air defense if I can. Wizards and archers are good for taking air defenses out as well if they are on the first wall. Once air defense is out, then the angel comes in and that's usually enough. Now that I have dragons, I'm starting to use them a lot more....same as before, have to take out the air defense first.

In the clan war, I usually will drop a few barbarians near their clan castle to lure the troops out. When the troops come out, nail them with a lightning spell, then deploy more barbs/archers to finish them off.

I'm going to come here for the most part to fill myself in on things. All that clan chat on the phone is too small for my rapidly aging eyes.

I did, however, see complaints about low level troops a few days ago. That is understandable, and I was very guilty of donating 4 star troops to whoever was asking for troops. I won't be donating any longer until I get some upgrades in, and I can't upgrade until my dumb town hall finally upgrades in 2 more days. Seems like it has been upgrading for 2 weeks already.

Somebody mentioned that a good tactic for minimizing raid losses while building up supplies was to place the town hall outside the walls. Is the idea here to put your storage buildings in the middle because attacker's AI pathfinding will point them at the town hall?

Somebody mentioned that a good tactic for minimizing raid losses while building up supplies was to place the town hall outside the walls. Is the idea here to put your storage buildings in the middle because attacker's AI pathfinding will point them at the town hall?

No, the idea is that you guard your resources and leave your town hall exposed. When you do this, players that are playing only for trophies will drop a few archers, destroy your town hall, take their star, and then end the battle. So you then get a 12 hour shield and your resources go untouched.

Some players go mostly for trophies. I don't really care about them so I put my town hall out for easy targeting. That raises the shield for 9 hours or whatever so you can mine without worrying about being raided.

i got it.

I'd like to get up to 1250 trophies for the big gem reward but it's going to be hard to get there anyway until I can build up my armies and bases a little bit, so I might as well take the losses now I suppose.

I'm trying the town-hall-outside-of-walls tactic now. It's annoying to rearrange as town hall is larger than gold/elixir storage.

it worked well for me.
Anybody got any tips for attack tactics? Currently I pick my point of entry, spawn **giants to draw attention, then **wallbreakers to bust the wall, then spawn the rest of the giants to bust shit up. Bring in ***archers behind the giants (which doesn't always work as they get distracted and wander off to attack resources and get picked off by towers that the giants haven't reached). If the target's clan castle spawns defenses, deploy **lightning against them (works inconsistently at best). If not, use lightning to soften up mortars. This plan is not resulting in a lot of victories. Any ideas for improvement?

Don't use balloons as they never make a dent before getting killed. Don't use wizards because too expensive and usually also get killed before doing much damage.

I just got healer so now I guess I have to focus more on hitting the air defense before I bring her in?

Ideas?

it worked well for me.
Anybody got any tips for attack tactics? Currently I pick my point of entry, spawn **giants to draw attention, then **wallbreakers to bust the wall, then spawn the rest of the giants to bust shit up. Bring in ***archers behind the giants (which doesn't always work as they get distracted and wander off to attack resources and get picked off by towers that the giants haven't reached). If the target's clan castle spawns defenses, deploy **lightning against them (works inconsistently at best). If not, use lightning to soften up mortars. This plan is not resulting in a lot of victories. Any ideas for improvement?

Don't use balloons as they never make a dent before getting killed. Don't use wizards because too expensive and usually also get killed before doing much damage.

I just got healer so now I guess I have to focus more on hitting the air defense before I bring her in?

Ideas?

With those level troops I would not worry about winning trophies, I would focus solely on collecting resources to upgrade your defenses, collectors and troop levels. Two tactics I used:

A handful of wallbreakers and the rest of the army goblins--smash and grab;

skip bases to attach until you find one with full resource collectors that are out of the range of defenses and can be taken down by a single archer or two -- do a bunch of battles where you use just a couple archers and collect 5,000-10,000 gold/elixir.

it worked well for me.

Ideas?
Yeah I always focus on hitting the air defense with your strategy above (few giants, wallbreakers, all giants, then healer once the air defense is destroyed). Also the second spell after lightning (healing spell) is helpful for the giants while they destroy the air defense as typically opponents have their air defenses well-guarded.

Admittedly I've never 3-starred someone with more than one air defense and I typically pass on attacking opponents with multiple air defenses unless they have a lot of gold/elixir. Any tips here would be much appreciated.

In terms of improvement I'd focus on the 1250 trophy reward (lots of gems) if you haven't hit that mark yet. Then you can get a 3rd builder. Also ***giants should be your first upgrade IMO.

Don't feel too bad, my ***lightning against the high-level wizards in clan wars isn't doing much damage either.

working on ***giants now. the **giants can't get through interior walls fast enough, once they get inside they get trounced by wiz towers and mortars while trying to bang their way into the next compartment, even with a healer behind them.

i think the best strategy for now for me is to go resource raiding and pick on weak players for trophies.

Thanks for the advice, btw. The last two days I've done nothing but wallbreakers barbs and goblins. it is damn fun watching the green swarm demolish everything in its path. I'm getting more trophies and victories than I was with the whole giants + archers thing. Also picking my targets a little more carefully - the goblins just annihilate the noobz who have the big box bases.

I'm revamping my entire town setup before the next war. Won't do me much good considering I'm about at the bottom, but gotta do that every now and then to see if the change in strategy works better. I'm also in the process of building a dark elixir drill, which should help long term as well. Other than that, how does somebody at the bottom of the barrel help during clan wars? Sacrificial lamb to poke at their defenses? Otherwise it seems pretty useless to be the low man on the totem pole. If I may use another nerdgame analogy, t's like raiding in WoW where everybody else is a 90 and you're a level 70.

Back